Brake part help

njoliver

Nov 25, 2009
Columbus OH
Hello fellers, I have been looking...and looking :( for brake parts for the 5 lug/disk swap. I am wanting to do the sn95 cobra brake set up in the front. The only thing I am having trouble finding is the caliper bracket? I can find them for GT and any other model besides the cobra. anyone know where I might be able to find them at. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply....I actually just bought a front cobra set up, for 650 shipped on ebay...comes with brand new- calipers,rotors,spindles,braided lines, pads....figured it wasnt to shabby of a deal....I ordered a gt set up for the rear, I am going to get the cobra 94-95 booster just not too sure about what master cylinder to get because I got the GT brakes in the rear? Any ideas..Like a decently firm pedal

this will most likley make you sick but i went to the swap meet a few weeks ago and got a whole 95 gt kit, booster, spindels, F/R calipers, F/R rotors, axles, everything needed for $150. i have to turn the rotors but who cares @ that price.
best of luck with your project!

Thanks for the reply....I actually just bought a front cobra set up, for 650 shipped on ebay...comes with brand new- calipers,rotors,spindles,braided lines, pads....figured it wasnt to shabby of a deal....I ordered a gt set up for the rear, I am going to get the cobra 94-95 booster just not too sure about what master cylinder to get because I got the GT brakes in the rear? Any ideas..Like a decently firm pedal

Gt brakes are same as cobra....just a larger diameter on the cobra brakes.

What year is the front setup off? 94-98 or 99-04. A 1993 cobra MC should provide you the feel you are looking for with either setup.

i paid $100 bucks for my cobra calipers with brackets remaned and another $25 per rotor and $30 for the pads i think you may have got ripped man and got the spindles for like $50 ea. Also i got the calipers from advantage auto parts. Good luck man and the stuff looks great behing the wheels of the car to!

i paid $100 bucks for my cobra calipers with brackets remaned and another $25 per rotor and $30 for the pads i think you may have got ripped man and got the spindles for like $50 ea. Also i got the calipers from advantage auto parts. Good luck man and the stuff looks great behing the wheels of the car to!

yea I did probably get a little ripped but I search for a while for them...so I said screw it, not that bad of a deal for that size of brakes....things are gonna be sweet. also The company sent me a message saying they are powder coating the calipers for free....guess they should when I spend 650 bones:D I am pumped to get babies on.