brake pedal goes to floor if I let it sit

Raginstang

Sep 28, 2003
SANTA CRUZ CA
I just finished installing my tbird axle with rear disc's and have the 93 cobra master cylinder. my problem is that the pedal goes to the floor. I have bleed the lines a million times. when I pump the brake pedal, the pedal will get hard, but then if I let it off and then wait a sec and hit it again, it will go to the floor. do I need to adjust hte pushrod? is that under the dash? anything else that it could be.?

• Sponsors (?)

They pushrod may be at fault did you check the fit when you installed the master? If so it could still be air. Did you bench bleed the master cylinder? Also you did bleed all four wheels right :D ? Just kidding... another thing is to check the adjustment of the rear brakes. I believe those are adjusted with the e-brake. (someone will correct me if I am wrong)

Yeah, sounds to me like either 1) the master is bad 2) You didn't bench bleed the master 3) you didn't bleed the brakes enough. When you bleed the brakes, start from teh farthest wheel away from the master... Meaning the passanger rear, and work your way towards the closest.... Go RR, LR, RF, LF. Try bleeding them again if you did bench bleed the master.