Building new motor Need cam suggestions please

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
Indiana
I ordered a 306 kit. Here are the details.

NEW 302/306 FORD KIT
NODULAR IRON CRANK, CNC PROFILED LIGHTWEIGHT FORGED I-BEAM RODS AND PROBE FORGED PISTONS!!
THIS 302/306 KIT FEATURES:

NEW HAWKS RACING 302 3.000"" STROKE NODULAR IRON CRANKSHAFT WITH STD/STD SB FORD JOURNAL SIZES
NEW 302 5.090" CNC PROFILED LIGHTWEIGHT FORGED I-BEAM RODS WITH APR WAVE-LOC BOLTS (PRESS-FIT)
NEW PROBE .030 FLAT TOP, PIN FIT PISTONS PISTON AND PINS (9.0CR/58cc)
NEW PREMIUM ROD AND MAIN BEARING SET STD
+.030 PREMIUM RING SET

I have Thumper Ported e7te heads with stock valve size and upgraded springs. I plan to go ahead and reuse these heads. I am building this for daily driver in my vert and ocassional track use. I went with forged so I can add a Nitrous kit for the track. My currant motor is the thumper heads stock bottom end comp cams nx264hr cam 512 lift 212/218 @ .050 with 1.7 roller rockers its .544 lift. I have cobra intake and 65 mm TB 24# injs and pro m maf calib for 24#.

I plan to reuse all of these items with one exception. I am considering a differnt cam Because I really want a rowdy idel, but I want performace and the cam I have is actually pretty good match to my heads and intake but idle is rather tame. I was considering the E cam but I am certian there are better ones out there, Keep in mind my car is HEAVY 3600 # or so full weight. I thought about having a custom cam made to maximize power. I am open for suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)