Built Auto or t56

Go with a built auto w/ 3500 stall or keep the t56??

• Built auto w/ 3500 stall

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • T56

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

MyBloodRunsBlue

Feb 1, 2007
I already have a t56 in the car but i was also thinking about doing a manual to auto swap and putting a built auto into the car with a 3500 stall....i called redline and they would do a built AOD for 1200 and that would be good till around 750....i know i can get a good chunk of money out of my t56 especially bc it only has 1500 miles on it as well as a 26 spline input shaft....it would be driven on the street only on the weekends and i will be making regular visits to the track....so my question to you is....built auto or keep the t56?????

• Sponsors (?)

I say auto if you want to be consitent and run faster times. A manual is more fun to drive on the street but when it comes to the track if you really don't know what you are doing your ETs will show. Alot of people can drive 300-400rwhp cars but not as many can drive 500-600+rwhp cars. Even the guys that can drive when they switch to an auto they shed a few tenths off their times.

If you were already auto I would say to go with a built setup with a 3500-3800 stall though you do already have a nice transmission in the car.

It's hard to compete with a properly built automatic car, especially if being consistent is one of your concerns. Lower et's with an auto ;)

i think 02nightmare just made up my mind....i think i'm going to stick with the t56 bc hell i'm just drag racing for the fun of it....plus i would miss banging the gears on the street

:hail2: SWEET! Thats just how i would see it. If this were like you doing it for REAL i could see going auto, but like you said, banging gears is teh shiite:nice: