'Built to Cruise' project front grille

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
Classic Design Concepts is about done with the new insert for the front bumper cover.

attachment.php

Our initial rendering for the project showed the front upper grille being open, thus eliminating the 'pony' bar and Ford logo from the center. We got with CDC and asked them if they think they could actually make it happen. They got to work, and during the design, we kept getting a lot of requests for 'where?' and 'how?' do I get that bumper cover. We told CDC they need to design this and make it available for all.

Well it looks like it WILL be available. It will be an insert, so you just remove the middle bar and install this new insert. So far we like what we are seeing. The only thing we know that will need to be done to complete the 'look' is to remove the back support structure (get it out of the way) so that you have a clean view from the new opening all the way to radiator.

Should look slick!

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• built_to_cruise.jpg
    built_to_cruise.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 877
  • Sponsors (?)

I swear I just saw someone do this to their car the other day. I thought they just chopped out the bar and filled the gaps with fiberglass or something. I think I said it then, and I'll say it again, it kind of has a 4-eye look to it with the open grill. I like it.

I swear I just saw someone do this to their car the other day. I thought they just chopped out the bar and filled the gaps with fiberglass or something. I think I said it then, and I'll say it again, it kind of has a 4-eye look to it with the open grill. I like it.

that was the only way to do it. This will make it soooo much simpler

The front bumper modification is complete.

attachment.php

You can check more pics here... seriously thinking about blacking it out instead of using body color. Look like a Mach1 Grill delete.

BTC Update: Final look of LX Grille Bar Eliminator from CDC - StangNet' Built to Cruise

Some of the rear support structure is going to need to be removed to clean up the look.

The question is should maybe a Running Pony be used to hide the hood latch release device, or just pull that out and run hood pins.

Mike

Attachments

• LX_Grille_Bar_Eliminator_011.jpg
    LX_Grille_Bar_Eliminator_011.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 783
I say dont use a latch or hood pins.But use zuse fasteners instead!And maybe flat black ones.Also if your deleteing the emblem or the bar or whatever, i think you should leave it open!Why replace it with another emblem, floating apearence or not :shrug: I personally like the solid insert piece that came on whatever year stang it was.peace

john:p