c/c plates

eleanor'03

Sep 9, 2004
i kno there's a bunch of suspension questions but i've got most of them answered but now i got the final c/c plates question..planning on gettin sportlines for now then struts/shocks..but as for as my sportlines go i need c/c plates..i havent heard nething about installation...nebody have sites on how to do it..or is it easy enough to be answered in a few lines? thanx guys

• Sponsors (?)

I like my BBK C/C plates. They are a 3 hole application so, they're very easy to intall. No holes to drill, just bolt them in. MM are very good as well but, I consider them all out race where BBK's are good when you just want a good alignment after you lower your stang.

CC%20Plates.jpg

Attachments

• CC%20Plates.jpg
    CC%20Plates.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 34
ic and i can do this myself then..stangsuspension.com is having a sale and their c/c plates are 4 holes for 205..i really dont need it for hardcore racing but i do want good alignment..so w/ using these c/c plates i dont need to go and get an alignment at a shop?

eleanor'03 said:
ic and i can do this myself then..stangsuspension.com is having a sale and their c/c plates are 4 holes for 205..i really dont need it for hardcore racing but i do want good alignment..so w/ using these c/c plates i dont need to go and get an alignment at a shop?

You will still need an alignment. They just ensure that the shop can do the alignment!

Ive got Hotchkis :nice:

Check out the partstrader on here....I have some J&M 4 bolt $150

On install...I used a small little metal ruler and made two small marks on the top of the fender from the center of the strut. (make a triangle; two dots on fender then center of the strut would be the third dot)

It just helped get the new ones as close as the old ones were so I could drive it to the shop to get the car aligned

I used the Steeda CC plates on my Mach1 and the J & M's on my Son's GT. Both are 4 bolt design and both are great functional units. The install was easy and both kits had very good instructions.

Here is a photo of the Steeda's, note they did not come polished as in the picture, I did that before the install.
attachment.php

RenDawg408 said:
What's the difference between the 3 & 4 bolt C/C Plates from Steeda? More adjustability?

4 bolt would be more solid for coilovers and seriously aggressive driving. I prefer Maximum Motorsports. Piece of cake to install, drilling the forth hole is no big deal.

ccplate3.jpg