CAI and cat-back exhaust questions

blk05vert

May 27, 2005
Tampa, FL
Ok, so I'm loving my new GT vert but I've grown too used to the stock exhaust sound and I need something more aggressive... If only this car sounded like it does at a cold start all the time!

I'm considering starting with a C&L CAI, Predator tune, and Magnaflows (ordering from Pro3) ? Does anyone have sound clips of this setup?

The goal is to get a 'proper' deep throaty V8 sound that is still noticable after the car has warmed up, yet not have it drone too much since I've got a vert.

Should I also invest in headers?

Also what's the purpose of an X or H pipe?

Keep in mind this is a daily driver and I've got a 36 mile commute each way...

One last OT rant - I'm so over it with people talking about gas mileage and these cars! Let's just make 'em mean as hell and eat up all the remaining gas before the imports can get at it!!! :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

only invest in an x or h pipe if the are off road....or at least have hi flow cats. shorty headers are a waste of money, long tubes give better gains. either way, they are not worth the bang for the buck. also, good luck trying to find a x or h pipe that is a direct bolt on to the long tubes and stock exhaust. i believe that people are finding their exhaust louder with the addition of an x pipe.