Roush California & front plates?

Yea, don't run the plate on the dash. It's admitting guilt and a bored cop will write you up.

I have a license plate frame with my front plate in it secured at the top with nut and bolt only long enough to secure the plate to the frame. I usually just apply blue painters tape to the front bumper under where the plate goes and use 3M grey double back tape to "secure" the "rig" to the front bumper. From a couple of feet it appears the plate it screwed into the bumper. It won't stay on long though so after I get a few blocks away I yank it off and wait for the next ticket. I live at the beach in Los Angeles.

• Sponsors (?)

That's pretty innovative. Just make sure you don't lose that plate. Some punk will throw it on the back of their ride and go do beer runs or gas runs with your plate captured on the videotape. Or worse yet, park in a handicap slot or get caught on one of those red light cameras.

it is required by law to have your plate mounted--period (besides, i asked my husband who is a patrol officer).

hehehe...but i was watching cops one day and the officer pulled over a person in CA for front plates. his real reason for pulling over the car wasn't for the plates though...it was because that particular car was profiled. because the car was a muscle car with the loud exhaust and mods, the cop wasn't too keen on the vehicle. he just needed probable cause to pull the car over.

so...if your car fits a profile or you're just being stupid on the street, the officer could get you on the front plate just so they can pull you over.

and so i mounted my front plate...:D

Since CA requires the annual renewal stickers to be applied to the rear mounted plate, the theft of the temporarily mounted front plate would be useless to the thief.

People also steal stickers. In fact, that is one of the reasons folks should pull off the previous years stickers every so often. It makes it real easy to steal a sticker when there is 15 stacked stickers on the plate. The whole stack comes off easy. However, officers can also run a check on the number on the sticker as well. But, the purpose of putting another plate on a car is usually done because the stolen plate is properly registered, or the car it is on will be used to commit a crime where the crook thinks someone might call in the plate. After the crime, the plate gets tossed.

As for what Saddlegrl said, she is right (except it is only reasonable suspicion, not probable cause) on giving an officer an excuse to pull you over. No front plate equals a freebie for any officer to chat you up.

The last time I was pulled over in one of my cars ( Saleen ) the officer asked all kinds of questions ( it was obvious he was not going to write me up ) furthermore I was doing nothing wrong, just a second gear 3k rpm parking lot roll and the last question the guy asked was " are these cars reliable?" I couldn't stop laughing.

My dealer almost drilled holes right into my car but fortunately I stopped him. I just bought a really nice front license plate bracket from www.ccmustangbrackets.com. It went on in about 5 minutes and doesn't require you to drill holes at all. It is made of aluminum and is powder coated black. I can take my plate off with the bracket still attached anytime I want and pop it right back on. :nice:

even though my car is a clone & a front plate in mandatory in my state (NH), i would never & will never drill any holes in my original Saleen front valance or bumper filler. i will take my chances. been pulled over twice for it in the last 5 years but just got verbal warnings to put it on. during inspection time, i just wedge it up under the front valance between where the Saleen front valance meets the LX cover.