Car has to go back to the dealer

stangdude2000

Founding Member
Jun 23, 2001
Northern VA
Well I have to take my car to the dealer finally. After owning Mustangs for over 7 years, this will be the first time it has to see the shop for mechanical repair. I noticed a few months ago a little bit of oil on the valve covers, but I couldn't find any visible leaks or anything like that, so I figured it just spilled a little bit at one point when it was being poured. Well today I was showing off my car to my uncles and had the hood open and I had revved it up a few times. We noticed the oil kinda all over the engine bay and then sure enough, I noticed a bit one the outside of the car on the fender. It is spraying out of a sensor at the front of the passenger's side valve cover. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, which sensor is this? It is circled in the picture...

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, thats why the warrenty is just a great thing, it's there if you need it. I just had to have both front wheel sensors replaced. They failed with in a week of each other. The tech said that it was a fluke, that they very seldom ever have to replace one, much less two. I've driven fords all my life and have very seldom ever have had to use my warrenty, but it's a God send when you need it with the price of repairs these days. Good luck with your stang.

That sucks man, especially while showing off your car! But yeah, better at 5k than at 36.1k. I plan on doing a thorough check over the car just before the warranty goes.
Dan