Car Pulls Right From Stop

blurry

Mar 20, 2006
Maryland
Car Pulls Left From Stop

Last night, I was driving home with some friends and did a WOT from a roll. The previous night, I did some racing from a dig and very hard braking. But after last night, when I ease the car into 1st and 2nd gear, I can feel the right side of the rear end, push/juts to the left and it pulls to the left when speeding up.

So in other words, when from a stop, I put it into 1st gear and start moving. I can feel the right side of the car like push the rear end of the car to the left and while I'm driving and give it a good amount of gas, the car pulls to the left (have to turn the wheel right to counter steer).

Any ideas what it may be. A friend suggested maybe brakes are "stuck?" When the car was taken in for inspection, the rleft side pads were almost gone and the right side didn't look worn.

The car is S/C. I do not know to what extent the rear end is built to other than bushings, MAC upper and lower rear control arms, and 3.73 rear end gears. The car is covered under the full warranty, but would like to not take it in yet. The car drives fine. I haven't tried pressing the accelerator all the way after this happened.

• Sponsors (?)

Pull the wheels, pull the brakes, inspect and replace pads/calipers as necessary. Bleed the system (rr, lr, rf, then lf do front/rear master cylinder bleeders too) and add new fluid if needed. A stuck caliper could be the culprit.

Could be an alignment issue. If you're actually hooking from a dig you could have broken the torque boxes, or twisted the axle housing, or bent an axle.

Did this just start happening after you were racing??

I think I found the culprit for the jutting to the left. On the passenger side, rear of the car, the upper rear control arm looks like it destroyed a bushing. Its half on and half off. The MAC control arms are still intact. Only on the passenger, right side, of the car, is one of the bushings ****ed up. I'll try and take a picture of it after my battery charges.

The jutting to the left is only felt when letting out the clutch but having it revved up to 1200 - 1500 rpms. When taking off much slower, it is not felt. It is felt on the highway when accelerating, the car pulls to the driver side.

While tinkering around, I fixed my sticky throttle cable, cleaned the whole intake system, and found out my differential is leaking a little. Havent checked out the brakes yet. The driver side rear squeaks very loud while driving, not when stopping.

I did 2 small burnouts (did not dump it high) and both tires are spinning at the same time from start to finish.

I may just take the car up to the dealership to have the bushing replaced (or maybe get urethane ones...) and have the car aligned while its up there. And do the brakes.