car shows

• Sponsors (?)

Car shows are fun to hang out with friends for an afternoon. Most shows around here that are Mustang only, you see the same cars at. I like shows with classic cars and different varieties also...

The race track is where I belong. :D

I haver been to one local one. Not like I would have won anything considering there was a guy I know there with a 70 challenger R/T and a bunch of perfect old cars, including an all original shelby gt500

i did the show scene for 4-5 years. I have plenty of trophys but it seems the only ones i place in are the odd ball ones. Every all ford or stang show i go to my car gets passed up for the 50 original mile 89 coupe with stock everything that was trailered there. its a bunch of BS. if its not that then its the restored older stangs that get all the awards. I mean come on Judges!! LOOK at the cars! look at the work put into the custom parts, and or things that don't belong to the car but are made to. I couple shows i been to i wonder if the judges were chevy salesmen, I overheard one guy talking about my motor and called my TFS intake STOCK!!! than the last show i went to when i finally quit the show thing was in kentucky for the september in the park, well i parked next to a vert that was nice, clean, stock with chrome ponies. well it was one of the members car who was judging. well guess what she judged!! she judged her car then mine. I mean honestly her own damn car!!!... ok ok im done, Climbing off my highchair

went to one a little while ago and won first place im my class. Then again there was only one other car against me, a 2005/2006 saleen straight from the factory. It doesn't really count but I go to shows to have fun and not necissarily [spelling] win stuff

I was thinking about going to some local ones....is my car worthy of small shows do you guy's think. I can go to a "Cruze Night" every Thursday were a bunch of locals go and park along the beach road (same people every week lol) with there old muscle cars and plain old show cars.....with the odd ricer

I've showed vehicles at local car shows since 1988. Have won several trophies, most of which are dismantled and boxed in the shed. Judged shows, when done correctly, doesn't so much judge on how great your car is, but how it has been detailed. The club I belong to has several small cruises, but a big show in August that has 41 classes and usually 250-300 entries. We give points for 10 different areas and then average them for a score. For example, paint, body, interior, trunk, wheels & tires, engine compartment, glass & mirrors, chrome & trim, undercarriage, general engineering.

I don't go to very many anymore, but if I go I usually bring home a trophy. Some shows have 3 places in each class and others do top 25 or top 50, etc. Its always a good reason to give your pony a thorough cleaning, top to bottom:flag:

My wife and I have been doing the show scene around western Washington for several years with both my 93 and her 96. It's getting kind of dull seeing the same darn cars all the time, so we decided to try something different this year. Last weekend we went up to Vancouver Island for the Vancouver Island Mustang Association's Spring Spectacular. The folks on the Island rarely get down to our shows and vice versa. Our SVT club took 9 cars up and brought home five trophies including my wife's 1st place in 94-98.

I've been to 6 shows and have scored 1-best of show trophy, 4-1st place trophies and a 2nd place trophy. I try to go to as many of those as I can but I love the cruise nights better. I go to one every Tuesday night and another on Sundays when I have free time (it's 45 minutes away.) I tell ya though, if you think you're having fun at the shows and cruise nights, they pale in comparison to drag racing your car at the track. That's when I have the most fun!

I don't do shows but every Sunday night when it's not raining (like it is now) i go to a local cruise-in that usually draws 100+ cars on a nice summer night.

It's a good mix of everything, old 30's and 40's cars, 60's muscle cars and late-model muscle cars. Most of the Mustangs that show are 99+ models. I go with my '03 GT, but as soon as i get my fox back on the road again (soon) i will take that instead as i rarely see Foxes on the road in my neck of the woods due to most being rusted out by now

Im actually a judge at an import and low rider show here. Its a HUGE show with hundreds and hundreds of cars and I get to judge a few classes for it. I can tell you the way those shows are judged are based off what you have done to the car, and the quality. NO stock or merely clean car will ever win, but the most riced out tasteless cars do all the time!

It hurts when your the one who is deciding it too.

I remember going to a Mustangs Unlimited show back in 2003.

A friend of mine was in the 4.6L DOHC class. This is when the Mach 1's just came out. Anyway in the class was ONE Azure Blue '03 Mach 1 with less than 200 miles on it vs 96-01 CObras. There were a lot of tastefully modded Cobras, but the STOCK Mach 1 ended up winning simply because it was new and everyone was in love with it.

MU is really the only Mustang Specific events I go to. I like the shows with variety better...

Also I usually place at MU shows only because I know a lot of people there. I have 5 trophys from the show I think, but to me the arent anything special.