carb sizing & setup question

Okay guys heres my question for the day. But first my setup: 200 ci I6 bored 30 over, valve job, cam from FSPP (ARC 268 or something similar), new rockers and springs, double timing chain, 2 1/4" dual exhaust with new header, keeping the c4 for now but will change over to a T5 and a MSD or similar ignition system. If you need any other info just ask.

I am looking at the offenhauser triple manifold intake (from summitracing or anyone else that sells them) and wanted some help to size the three carbs to go on it.

I was thinking of either: three stock carbs, one stock and two 300 cfm carbs, or 3 300 cfm carbs.

1)If one of the stock carbs isn't enough for a stock 200. Would 3 of them be enough to give the car plenty of air/fuel with the setup I am going to have?

2)If no to question 1, do all three of the carbs have to be the same size?

3)Can I use a economical carb as the primary and when the secondary on it kicks in it then opens up the outer two carbs to give it that extra kick? (is this even possible, I saw this on another forum as a comment)

4)If the 3 carbs have to be the same size then would 3 300 cfm carbs do the job or would that be an over kill for that setup?

Thanks for all the help guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Did you see me post on Ford Six, my name there is 65Stang200. I was talking about doing something different than that if you didn't read it, but I was thinking about hooking up my parking brake as a throttle for 2 2bbl carbs on the outskirts, and leaving my stock throttle as a middle carb for cruising speeds. Just sounded like a fun idea.

65stang200, Yes it was your post that I saw. It got me thinking about linkages and what not. I think I have an idea in my mind on how to set it up to run at different rpms. The only thing I dont know is if air would get sucked in from the other two carbs or if it would get blown out from them, since two of them wont all be running all the same time. I am going to try and draw up some pics of my ideas to see if it will work, if you want to see them drop me a line. I think that is a great idea, I personal would try to us the linkage method because I dont know if I could keep a steady hand or foot pressure on the other pedal/parking brake handle. I would even cover them up so it look like just one big air filter or like a 2 carb rig so people dont know and get them to place a bet. Then take them out to the cleaners. I was thinking of running the car on the highway at say 75-78 and see what kind of rpms, then set the other 2 carbs to come in to play around 300 or so rpms higher, that way if I put the pedal to the metal they will all kick in and have some fun. I'll need to make sure it will work on a hard launch off a green light as well.

Mdjay, I have never jetted a carb before. What all has to be done?

Thanks