Carbon Fiber Hood from California Mustang

license2ill

May 7, 2003
Does anybody know or have the Carbon Fiber Hood replacement from the California Mustang catalog?? It's 500 bucks and I would just like to know if it's the real deal or not. My GT is black so it looks like there wouldn't be any color-matching issues to worry about. Does this sound like a good idea or would you guys just skip on this and just put that money towards power mods instead. I really want to get a pair of Hooker longtubes right now!

• Sponsors (?)

500 dollars isnt too bad for a new hood, especially if it doesnt need to be painted, but i'd get gears and a cat back with that cash first, you'll be quicker and louder which will get more attention than a carbon fiber hood. If you get longtubes, plan at least 1000 bux. you'll need a new mid pipe, and want a cat back too, and the install is not cheap!!

Skip on it. At 30lbs it's not full CF. Just the top layer is. And that is only for looks. $500 is too much for a hood that is 1/2 fiberglass. I've looked into CF and so far nobody makes a complately CF hood for mustangs. If you do some research and are good at fiberglassing you could make your own CF hood for about $500. And you would know it is completely CF. And have the mold to make others if your's gets damaged.