Carbon Fiber Hood from California Mustang

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by license2ill, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Does anybody know or have the Carbon Fiber Hood replacement from the California Mustang catalog?? It's 500 bucks and I would just like to know if it's the real deal or not. My GT is black so it looks like there wouldn't be any color-matching issues to worry about. Does this sound like a good idea or would you guys just skip on this and just put that money towards power mods instead. I really want to get a pair of Hooker longtubes right now!
  2. 500 dollars isnt too bad for a new hood, especially if it doesnt need to be painted, but i'd get gears and a cat back with that cash first, you'll be quicker and louder which will get more attention than a carbon fiber hood. If you get longtubes, plan at least 1000 bux. you'll need a new mid pipe, and want a cat back too, and the install is not cheap!!
  3. yeah dude, you're right about it being way more than $500 for longtubes. I should have pointed that out in my thread.
  4. i was looking at that but then i found out it weighed like 33lbs or somthing and thats just to much when you can get a fiberglass hood that weighs 18lbs for less.
  5. Skip on it. At 30lbs it's not full CF. Just the top layer is. And that is only for looks. $500 is too much for a hood that is 1/2 fiberglass. I've looked into CF and so far nobody makes a complately CF hood for mustangs. If you do some research and are good at fiberglassing you could make your own CF hood for about $500. And you would know it is completely CF. And have the mold to make others if your's gets damaged.