CDC customer service= A+

denialdave

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2002
North of Seattle
I am still trying to figure out why the back of my 99 vert is filling with water everytime it rains.

I'm now down to figuring there are holes plugged with leaves and stuff in the floor under the rear windows.

So today I got the car back in my shop and started pulling my lightbar when I snapped one of the bolts off the bracket on EACH SIDE. :mad: So there I was with smoke shooting out both my ears as I contemplated taking a chain saw to my rear side panels in an attempt to get the lightbar off (I've already been driving around for a month now without an interior--only the drivers seat and bare floors).

Finally I was able to completely snap the little buggers off and get the bolts out without any damage to anything. Being quite pissy at this point I called CDC on the phone to let them have a piece of my mind (for the state of the economy, the war in Iraq, the rain in Washington, my leaking car--and of course--the bolts breaking). But before I could blast thier receptionist she kindly asked for my address and said that a set of new brackets would be in the mail by days end--free of charge.

Wow. If only I got a tenth of that kind of service from Ford!

I would suggest anyone contemplating the lightbar to use anti-sieze on the bolts. This would have been a real bummer if I wasn't able to get those bolts out.

Once I get the water problem fixed I'm selling this car--it's a '99 Cobra vert, white, 65,000 miles--best price around 10k or less.

• Sponsors (?)

denialdave said:
I am still trying to figure out why the back of my 99 vert is filling with water everytime it rains.

I'm now down to figuring there are holes plugged with leaves and stuff in the floor under the rear windows.

So today I got the car back in my shop and started pulling my lightbar when I snapped one of the bolts off the bracket on EACH SIDE. :mad: So there I was with smoke shooting out both my ears as I contemplated taking a chain saw to my rear side panels in an attempt to get the lightbar off (I've already been driving around for a month now without an interior--only the drivers seat and bare floors).

Finally I was able to completely snap the little buggers off and get the bolts out without any damage to anything. Being quite pissy at this point I called CDC on the phone to let them have a piece of my mind (for the state of the economy, the war in Iraq, the rain in Washington, my leaking car--and of course--the bolts breaking). But before I could blast thier receptionist she kindly asked for my address and said that a set of new brackets would be in the mail by days end--free of charge.

Wow. If only I got a tenth of that kind of service from Ford!

I would suggest anyone contemplating the lightbar to use anti-sieze on the bolts. This would have been a real bummer if I wasn't able to get those bolts out.

Once I get the water problem fixed I'm selling this car--it's a '99 Cobra vert, white, 65,000 miles--best price around 10k or less.
so do the gold fish thats been swimming in the back seat come with? peace

john :p