CDC Light Bar Installation Tips?? (how NOT to cut)

95CobraStang

Jan 21, 2004
Chico, CA
Merry X-Mas everyone!

I've had a good one, as my parents got me a Classic Design Concepts light bar for my 01 vert. I've heard of people being able to put them in w/out cutting and was wondering how the he|| that was possible?? Also, does anyone have any tips??

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

merry xmas to you too!..I installed a cdc lightbar on my 02 vert about 6months ago..Where did you read that cutting is not required? thats not possible if you want it to look right..also having a helping hand will help. I used cdc's instructions word for word and you shouldnt have too many problems..just make sure you line up the templates they give you correctly so you make the right cuts..The instructions make it look alot harder then it actually is.

I think there is a trick to avoid cutting a small hole somewhere. Maybe someone will post a link to one of the many threads that discuss this. You could try to search....

Merry Christmas and congrats on your lightbar. If you don't like it I'll take it off of your hands. :shrug: :jester:

I asked a similar question last year, and here is the answer I received from Stangnet member "007":

"Unfortunately there is no way to install the bar without cutting the holes in the top of the trim. Its the ones in the front that are unnecessary. They give you four black plugs to put in the holes that you cut, but it looks like crap when you open the door and can see them.

Tips: Be very careful with the bar. The vinyl is very thin, and rubbing it against something can easily scuf it up good.

My seatbelts didnt want to come out, and they didnt need to either. I just pulled them out to the full extend and hooked em round the seat or something.

When you come around to tightening the bolts to hold the bar in place, just skip cutting those circular holes in the front of the trim. Instead, you can sit by the open door and reach in the side of the trim. You have to bend the trim a little and reach in with an allen wrench, but you dont have to cut any extra holes.

If you plan on upgrading your rear speakers EVER then do it at the same time. The bar has to come out again to swap them."

n0v8or said:
I asked a similar question last year, and here is the answer I received from Stangnet member "007":

"Unfortunately there is no way to install the bar without cutting the holes in the top of the trim. Its the ones in the front that are unnecessary. They give you four black plugs to put in the holes that you cut, but it looks like crap when you open the door and can see them.

Tips: Be very careful with the bar. The vinyl is very thin, and rubbing it against something can easily scuf it up good.

My seatbelts didnt want to come out, and they didnt need to either. I just pulled them out to the full extend and hooked em round the seat or something.

When you come around to tightening the bolts to hold the bar in place, just skip cutting those circular holes in the front of the trim. Instead, you can sit by the open door and reach in the side of the trim. You have to bend the trim a little and reach in with an allen wrench, but you dont have to cut any extra holes.

If you plan on upgrading your rear speakers EVER then do it at the same time. The bar has to come out again to swap them."

Great tips!! Thanks for the advice!

n0v8or said:

Saved me some typing. Thanks n0v8or! Merry Christmas. Light bars are sweet! :)

You may want to remove the seatbelt guide loops too. They can damage the vinyl, and it looks better without them.

Edit: I think I have a pic of it installed without the holes and loops in my sig.

CDC has a step by step picture illustration of the lightbar install.It is perfect. I think Jeff(I think)gave me the website from some Mustang magazine for the article.Call CDC and ask them. If they can't help you I'll try to find the info. Take your time.Buy the correct bits,hole saws.The templates are right- on. My install took 6 hours & I'm happy with it.

The capped holes that cover the hex screws do not look bad at all. I have med graphite interior and used black caps. It looks fine. Follow CDC's intructions.