Changed the Fuel Filter ,,,WOW

• Sponsors (?)

400 miles out of every last drop of 16 gals=25MPG:shrug:
I've NEVER gotten more than 315 and that was a whole tank cruising between 60-70 on the interstate.

seriously? to work and back I average 27-29 mpg when i'm on i-95 best ever being 31.0 mpg on fill up (computer said 31.9)....the last month or more I have been taking us1 so many stop lights on teh way but little to no traffic in the morning, after work is another story and I'm still averaging 24-26 mpg and i average 100 miles per day. On the other hand my wife and a few other friends make fun of me and say i'm the only 23 year old she has met that drives like a grandma. :shrug: :lol:

seriously? to work and back I average 27-29 mpg when i'm on i-95 best ever being 31.0 mpg on fill up (computer said 31.9)....the last month or more I have been taking us1 so many stop lights on teh way but little to no traffic in the morning, after work is another story and I'm still averaging 24-26 mpg and i average 100 miles per day. On the other hand my wife and a few other friends make fun of me and say i'm the only 23 year old she has met that drives like a grandma. :shrug: :lol:

Do you have a GT?

226embarcadero
How do you actually SEE inside of the fuel filter? Isn't it sealed? I have never seen inside of a fuel filter because I've never seen one that isn't sealed and totally enclosed.

Ive never seen the inside either until , i was rather curious this time around, we craked the bastard open and VOLLA ..crap fuel that looked like mud !

I get about 22.8 mpg mixed driving on mine... I used to get 26-28 mpg mixed with a max of 29.4 mpg (cross country drive on freeway with cruise set at 75mph)...I have 46,000 on mine and need to change my filter...its stock... I apparently am slipping on my up keep... :(

I finally took the plunge and changed mine a week or so ago and may I say that with 51k on mine it looked fine. I cut it open and was surprized to see it as clean as a new one. :nice: I only fill up at two places one is a Pan store and the other is a Murphy (Walmart).
BTW the little green clip, you slightly depress it. Dont pull it out. :nono:

Best I did was computer reading of 28 mpg going down to NC at 75-80 mph. The 280-mile trip used 3/4 of a tank, then I refilled, so I don't know what I may have gotten for a full tank. I'll have to keep an eye on it as the miles start to add up.

My bone stock 08' with 2,300 miles

I don't have the info center so i calulated mine out i put in 14 gals. and drove it till the light came on plus a few miles, Filled it again and sure enough 14.3 gals. i got 328miles and 23.3 MPG. that is 70miles daily split highway50/city20