chip or heandheld????

jzhgt19

Oct 16, 2010
i have been looking for a tuner not sure what to get a sct chip or a diablosport programmer or sct programmer? Is a chip and a handheld programmer a lot different im looking to maybe use the 93 performance tune. give me advice

• Sponsors (?)

+1 on Handheld. The handheld is also useful as an ODB2 scanner. The ability to access ODB2 operational data is very powerful. It's one of those things that is hard to understand until you get a chance to use it.

Agreed on the hand held. Watch where you buy it and which one. Some places (Americanmuscle off the top of my head.) will give you free tunes for life for the SCT.

Words of truth... Handheld is the better choice. I cant wait to order mine as soon as I get paid today. I have been waiting to do this forever..:(

This one for the money is really good SCT SF3/X3 Power Flash Mustang Custom Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes - 3rd Generation SCT XCalibrator - FREE SHIPPING!
You get free tunes for life from the American Muscle site and that is a great thing, say you get a new part well just call them and they will update you tuner through an email and bam there you go!

Alternatively you could go to a local performance shop and find out what tuners that they use, most likely SCT. If you buy a handheld through them they will dyno tune you car to get the most power out of your car safely, but with that you are probably spending 450 on a tuner and then 200 bucks for the dyno tune... Thats what one of the shops I spoke with told me they charged..

I just placed an order for mine and I cant wait to get it....:crazy: