Clunking From Park To Drive Gt Automatic

Getting a bit of a metallic clunk from drive to park to reverse/any combo.....awaiting appointment.

Anyone have this issue? Have 2500 miles in 2 months just seemed to notice this last week or so, seems to shift fine in D and S or paddles.

• Sponsors (?)

I often times put my car into neutral and coast the last 10-20 feet when getting ready to back into parking spaces. At about 3mph, a noticeable clunk happens, i'm guessing in the tranny. It feels similar to if you bumped the brakes really quickly, or if it was still in drive and it down shifted to a lower gear for example.

Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 2017 GT automatic and I'm having the same issue. It has been in the shop at the Ford dealership since 4/5/17 and no fix yet. They have completely torn out the rear end and are now wanting to replace transmission.

Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 2017 GT automatic and I'm having the same issue. It has been in the shop at the Ford dealership since 4/5/17 and no fix yet. They have completely torn out the rear end and are now wanting to replace transmission.

Have you gotten your car back yet?