clutch and supercharger

2oo3gt

Aug 22, 2004
About how much horsepower can a stock clutch on a 2003 gt handle. I will be pushing about 360-380 to the wheels on my daily driver. Also, i know that the limmits on my motor are about 400-450 RWHP. I will be driving this car daily and need something that will be reliable. When the supercharger is installed it will get a custom dyno tune (from a very reputable shop). With a conservative tune is my car still going to last without major problems for a long time. I need it to be relaible and to last at least 2 years without major problems, when i will forge the internals. I will not be beating on the engine all day long, but i will do my fair share of "using" the supercharger. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

423hp/408tq stock clutch here! Holds great. Probably if I could hookup on the street, or hell, even at the track (best 60's in the high 1.7's on DR's) then I'm sure I would need a new one. I'm just gonna run the ***** outa this one till it dies, then drop the trans and replace!

And yes, your car will last with a reasonable tune.

there are several people running 400rwhp wit htheirs & no problems. it all depends on how you drive really. i ran mine for a while with 423 & didn't have any issues with it. i switched tranny's & just went ahead & put a better clutch in for the heck of it, since it was already out

my blwoer was put on at 10k in my 02 GT, and it slipped REALLY bad the other day (pretty mcuh my fault - dumping it form redline in 4th gear :D , usually the tires light up but nto this time....) but has been good to me except that one time.

i have 46k on mine now. ill be installing a centerforce DF and fidanza flywheel soon though.