Clutch issue, need some help. Searched with no luck

Part 1: When at low speeds, like coming to a stop, after depressing the clutch, if I turn the steering wheel, I am getting vibration through my clutch pedal.

Part 2:

I also did a brief search on this. Too many hits but nothing specific.

My clutch is starting to slip a tad, I am thinking about replacement. To ensure a long lasting, reliable clutch for aggressive street, possible mild strip use, I need a list of everything I need to replace.

Cable? Adjustable quadrant, ummm, I'm a rookie when it comes to clutches, need your guys experience.

Thanks all.
-Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Spec stage 2 clutch with t/o bearing and a new flywheel. You could always resurface the old one but you can find new billet steel ones for around $100 or so. It's not a bad idea to upgrade the cable quadrant and new cable. If you have a decent amount of mods or plan on it real soon maybe even consider a stage 3 spec. Another option is aluminum flywheel but those are closer to $300.

CRASH7772 said:
Spec stage 2 clutch with t/o bearing and a new flywheel. You could always resurface the old one but you can find new billet steel ones for around $100 or so. It's not a bad idea to upgrade the cable quadrant and new cable. If you have a decent amount of mods or plan on it real soon maybe even consider a stage 3 spec. Another option is aluminum flywheel but those are closer to $300.

Maby a stock replacment but I don't know where to get a billet steel flywheel for $100. Resurfacing will cost between $25-50. Considering that your getting vibration, maby a new one would be better. I would go with the spec II of a good centerforce. I have the spec III, it grabbs so hard it's like an on/off switch, hard to launch the car, it tends to grab so hard so fast it just blows the tires off.

Forgot to add...

A new clutch should come with a new throw out berring and a new pilot berring. Also, this would be a good time to replace the stock quadrant crap. I would recomend a good quadrant, FWA, and adjustable cable.

I'd go with a centerforce dual friction clutch (comes with new TB),Steel bearing retainer for your transmission if u dont have one,resurface the old flywheel,new cable and quadrant..it sucks when your quadrant goes and your driving around!!! I would also check your pilot bearing to see if it needs to be replaced..alot of ppl neglect this.

90mustangGT said:
Maby a stock replacment but I don't know where to get a billet steel flywheel for $100. Resurfacing will cost between $25-50. Considering that your getting vibration, maby a new one would be better. I would go with the spec II of a good centerforce. I have the spec III, it grabbs so hard it's like an on/off switch, hard to launch the car, it tends to grab so hard so fast it just blows the tires off.

In the classifieds on here "Also, Billet Steel Flywheel, BRAND NEW, never Used...50oz 157 Tooth..will Fit 86-95 T-5 Mustangs with the 302, 5.0 Motor.....$100 + Shipping" . And you can get a spec stage 2 for the same price as the king cobra. Just take some time and look a little. I bought a brand new aluminum billet flywheel for $220. Deals are out there.......

1. turning the steering wheel while coming to a stop could lower your rpm's, causing your engine to shudder, IDK, but it should be the clutch if it's depentdent on turning the steering wheel.

My personal favorite is the centerforce dual friction. Doesn't slam as hard as a spec, and should be a little easier on the tranny, but isn't as soft as the king cobra.

If you're on a budget, I've resurfaced all of my flywheels on every clutch I've ever done without a problem and never have had a problem. it's something that once its together you're gonna forget about anyway (so long as it works)

If you want to know a lot about clutch adjustments, and whether or not you need a new cable and quadrant, read my tech article
http://50stangs.com/techarticles/clutchcableadjustment.html

V8, i was thinking the same thing (i think i read your reponse right). if it only happens when turning the wheel, it is not a clutch issue. the PS pump cannot keep up and shudders (as it does [atleast for me] when turning the wheel while stopped or at low speed). the vibrations eminate throughout the chassis......

just a thought. good luck.