clutch or transmission?

89CobraGT

Dec 14, 2005
Winnipeg manitoba
ok so I went through a massive puddle and suddenly my car didn't want to go into 3rd I had to force it in there, then second gear did the same thing. So I bought a new clutch cable it seemed to help a bit, I only drove it 30km then I was leaving today I pushed the clutch in and there was nothing I can hear the stock quadrant like grinding or something when I push it in and now the transmission doesnt want to go into some of the gears when its parked and off. does this seem like a clutch problem? or a transmission problem. The clutch is a KC only 20,000k on it

• Sponsors (?)

First, I would change the fluid. I've driven through a couple of "puddles", actually curb deep water across an intersection, and water got in my tranny, turning the AT fluid into a strawberry milkshake! It shifted very hard until I changed it. MAYBE you will get lucky and that is all it is.

If not, sounds like quadrant/cable issues to me. Especially if you hear something from under the dash. Maybe the new cable caused the stock quadrant to fail? Could be the TOB and retainer hanging up the clutch, does the tranny have the upgraded TOB retainer on it?