Clutch Reviews... And Rant...

Yes sir....launched at 6000rpm, shifted at 7800rpm, sprayed the entire way and my foot never left the floor. I had the 4 puck version, the 6 puck version is not as abrupt.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive had CF dual friction, CF DFX, and a powergrip.

I liked my dual friction. It held 440 ft lbs of torque. The DFX was too agressive. I wouldnt reccomend that for the street.

The Ram powergrip i have now is the best clutch. The pedal effort isnt bad, you definitly know its there. The clutch has stood up to some pretty hard launches, and a few good wheelies and it still holds strong.

I think your problem with clutches is you keep buying entry level ish stuff. Go with a dual friction, powergrip, or powergrip HD.

Dont go too agressive with it cause the clutch is the fuse for the transmission. To agressive and you are gonna break the trans

I've used Centerforce Dual Frictions behind a HCI Procharged 95 GT and it held up well. I also used one behind a stock 302 in a 91 LX which was obviously fine. Expensive clutch, easy pedal. I used another Centerforce in my 96 Cobra which made 414RWHP with a Vortec. It was okay, but the pressure plate ended up failing so the clutch would not fully disengage. Made it HARD to shift when it was hot outside.

I've used autoparts store clutches in 2001 GT engines, easy pedal, and honestly, the hardest grabbing clutch. That thing would snap you back in the seat.

I used a Spec Stage 1 in my 91 GT that had a 97 Cobra engine. That grabbed pretty hard too. Comparable to an auto parts store clutch. Good unit.