Coast High Performance?

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Cabot, AR
I'm considering buying a CHP 347 short block once the Cobra is fixed, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience wiht CHP engines. Quality? Reliability?

• Sponsors (?)

They are local to me, actually i talked to Eric today at CHP, everytime i call him he has different opinion, I called him month ago and he told me to go 347, I called him today and he told me to go 331?! WTH?!

But anyways if you want to buy something from them let me know, I will go check it out for you

The salesperson I spoke with there (Manny) seemed to know very little about their products and pricing. I later called and spoke to Eric who was more knowledgeable but was clearly annoyed by my questions. Needless to say I didn't spend my money with them and bought from Woody at Fordstrokers.com. I was very happy with his customer service and the short block I bought.

The salesperson I spoke with there (Manny) seemed to know very little about their products and pricing. I later called and spoke to Eric who was more knowledgeable but was clearly annoyed by my questions. Needless to say I didn't spend my money with them and bought from Woody at Fordstrokers.com. I was very happy with his customer service and the short block I bought.

Woody mostly uses Probe products in many of his shortblocks. Also a supplier for Eagle, Scat, Callies, etc....

FordStrokers is probably the top SBF engine builder going today.
Great products, great service and great prices.

Good for you. Why is the customer service so $%^&y with some of these performance places? :shrug: I would have been the same way. You should be able to ask SEVERAL questions from someone when you are spending a few thousand with them. I dont take it anymore either. They get an attitude with me, I hang up or leave and find a better shop. :nice: If people take it, they keep dishing it our. If enough people tell them to take their attitude and bitching and cram it, they'll wise up or even better, get out of the business.

Three of us down here bought diy-- 347 blks, heads, pistons, flywheels etc from Ford strokers and Woody did a good job with us. Sometimes is a little hard to get a hold off, but will answer questions from some rednecks like us. Anyway I thought he did a good job for us. Don't know about others. One motor went in a cobra and is running. Mine is currently getting tuned, a 95gt and the last one has the motor together but needs a lot of work under the car which we are currently working on. It's a 92 gt.

I'm a little late with the reply but this may help. I will try to post some pictures of mine at some point.