cobra 92eec vs 95 eec iv and related?

dannydoo

Sep 10, 2004
I m getting confused.

when i say 92 They car had a cobra kit,it wasnt born cobra. 24inj,maf,comp put into a gt.
jegs sells a kit complete.
Im using the engine in my 95 but not the computer.from the 92 notch gt

does the cobra controll the inj thru the maf or the computer?I dont know if I should use the little maf and the electronics from the cobra.Or the 70mm 95 maf and not worry cause the cobra computer controls the fuel not the maf.?

Im using a 94/95 cobra binery in my tm40 computer w/the tweecer.
So Ill be running the same computer as the 95 cobra cobra basicly.
which Im not happy about.I really want to use the "kit"computer but theres alot of work to downgrade to a computer that wont work right.the harness is forever to change.

so Im trying tyo keep it simple and still have no problems,

wait.....so my real question is......does the 94/95 cobra computer controll the inj or does it happen thru the maf?IM pretty sure I can use my 70mm gt maf and the 95 cobra eec iv will take care of the fuel thing.

AnYWAY....I know the 93 a9l and cobra eec v is much more friendly to changes.

I hear the cobra 95 has poor timing tables,has a massive timing retard at 94mph as a govener,and allows alot of base timing because of this.

I would appreciate any and all info and ideas/hints or tips I can get related to this subject.

• Sponsors (?)

The Ford technique for the 93 Cobra was to use a 19 lb MAF and modify the fuel tables to use the 24 lb injectors. I would suspect that any future versions of the Cobra computer would do the same thing.

The reasons are twofold:
1.) Modding the computer tables is a more effective means to control the air/fuel mixture.
2.) It allows the use of an off the shelf MAF sensor that may be used in several other cars. This reduces manufacturing parts counts and eliminates the need to special manufacture a 24 lb MAF sensor.

Danny, I am confused. The 93 Cobra puter's tune kind of sucks. The SN Cobra tune is very good (as you know - the TwEECer folks run it in lieu of the GT tune).

WIth the TwEECer, you should be able to compensate for injectors yourself, right?

I am sure I dont understand your concerns. I would try to get ahold of Grady (he had his usual really good info on your Corral thread, as I recall).

Good luck.

yea,I found that the 93 maf is 19lb and the computer has the tables for 24lb inj.

The 95 eec does the same thing,so I could use my 19lb stock maf and a 95 cobra computer Im hoping.

I need to make a better post of corral,in the electronics spot.
I just cant grasp this one...

dam maf is a pain...i wish i could use the cobra 93 computer.
but i suppose w/tweecer Im not forced to accept the 95 stock settings which is not good

View attachment 499146

thanks..Its just I hear the cobra 93 eec is so friendly with mods and I know for a fact it runs the crazy motor I have perfectly!

Im so ......not believing,the 95 cobra computer is going to act right compared to a 93.
I have a 95 and the load scale and tons of timing and fuel /spark curves in it really screw with the performance...

Im gonna look around for 94/95 cobra users with heavy mods and no tuner or chip and see what they say! Im dying to know!

The 94-95 computers (GT anyway) aren't very forgiving with mods. The reason I've heard... is that they're more sensitive to feedback they receive from sensors, being newer, and faster than their predecessors. Here's a file someone posted before, that I kept just for instances like this one, because it goes into a good amount of detail in comparing the Fox vs. SN95 EEC's: http://members.aol.com/fiveliterstang95/public/A9L_vs_T4M0.doc