Cobra booster and master cylinder

demon40

Jul 24, 2004
canton, nc
Im looking at swapping over from my factory GT brake booster and master cylinder to the cobra setup to match the cobra brakes on my car. I was wondering if the brake lines are the same or different. Im pretty sure that i've seen someone say that the lines from the proportioning valve to the master cylinder are different, but i havent heard anything about the lines going from the proportioning valve to the ABS control module. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

I just dealt with this, so I can tell you exactly what you need. First, the brake booster is identical between the V6, GT and Cobra - the Cobra just has a "COBRA" sticker on it. The master cylinder is different, so are the lines from the master cylinder AND the proportioning valve is different. The size of the fittings are different. I don't know if it's ok to re-use your proportioning valve and swap the hard lines around. Since I had a donor car I didn't worry about it.

The lines from the proportioning valve to the rest of the brake system are identical. You can even take a proportioning valve from a non-ABS car and use it on an ABS car (and vice versa). The ABS version has a plug on the back of the valve, where the non-ABS version has an adapter to plug in the driver's front brake line.

I think I know someone here in SoCal that might have a Cobra MC and proportioning valve. He's from the Corral, PM me if you want to get in touch with him.

Thanks man i've actually got everything to do the conversion, Ive gotta totaled 95 cobra that is complete, that im parting to do a complete cobra conversion. But thank for the heads up on the brake lines didnt want to tear into it completely blind

Does anyone know the difference from the GT to the Cobra MC? Now that I have the Cobra brakes on the front, the car seems to "nosedive" more, when braking.

I was going to start a new thread but I found this one. Time to revive it. ;)