Cobra Brake upgrade questions

MyHoFoSho

Aug 14, 2007
I am looking to looking to do a 5 lug swap and going with sn 95 spindles and was looking into putting just 5 lug ranger drums on the back and going with 94 cobra rotors and loaded calipers on the front. My question is can i use the stock fox body master cylinder and booster or will i have soft brake issues or hard pedal problems has any one done this or do i have to swap the master. Any help will be great.

• Sponsors (?)

ok thanks i was reading into this and everyone that has put cobra brakes on the front converts the rear to disc as well and then you have too.... What all did you use to convert to the caliper i found the calipers w/brackets but do i need diff brake hoses to bolt them up or can i just use the cobra banjo bolt...

*When keeping the rear drums*, you can retain the stock MC/Booster setup with most front caliper setups. Add rear disks...different story.

You'll need spindles, balljoint spacers, rotors, calipers, cobra brake lines (or any 99-04 line), the banjo bolts and a Weatherhead 7828 adapter for the passenger side brake line (to connect soft line to body line)

can i use the sn 95 ball joints instead of spacers i want to replace mine any way they are making some noise and i really dont like the idea of washers... but if the washer idea will save me some coin with no problems i am all about that...and thanks guys

Yes, you can use Sn95 balljoints. You'll have to press the old ones out and the new ones into your current A-arms.

There are vendors that sell hardened steel spacers for using your existing balljoints.

I run a set that i machnined myself. No issues 2 years later