Cobra intake and strut tower brace?

i bought a cobra intake on ebay and the strut tower brace doesnt fit which i knew it wouldnt. frpp makes the m-20201-A51 but i am noticing that stock cobras do not have a strut tower brace. is this the way they came stock, and can my GT function ok with out it for a while till i can get the money to buy a new one?

• Sponsors (?)

Alot of guys that dragrace take their STB off of the car to reduce the front end weight. Seeing as I can't decided whether I like striaght line or cornering better, I bought a Steeda STB to replace my stock one when I did the intake swap.

If you take yours off, you should be fine as long as you don't do any stupid hard cornering.

94CobraPace said:
Cobras did not come with a STB from the factory.
:stupid: nope, they didn't. the intake get's in the way of the stb. you need to double check(even with aftermarket stuff) is one will fit, i know that steeda fit, and i personally have a Kenny Brown (and i love it) .

cobnew01.jpg

Attachments

• cobnew01.jpg
    cobnew01.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 107
nazstang said:
:stupid: nope, they didn't. the intake get's in the way of the stb. you need to double check(even with aftermarket stuff) is one will fit, i know that steeda fit, and i personally have a Kenny Brown (and i love it) .

cobnew01.jpg

that is a sexy paint job on that intake :nice:

Attachments

• cobnew01.jpg
    cobnew01.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 139
Therian said:
that is a sexy paint job on that intake :nice:

thanks, i appriciate it. i love black and silver, i haven't seen one painted like it yet. the bay looks better now, the smog pump, tensioner, and alt. ar black too, and all the brackets, waterpump and timing cover are all ceramic silver:) new bat and coil too. still got the A\C and PS to go :rolleyes:
PDR_0163cobramt.jpg

Attachments

• PDR_0163cobramt.jpg
    PDR_0163cobramt.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 242