Code 29 Help!!

Camman

Founding Member
Jan 5, 2000
Las Vegas, NV
I have a code 29 in my continuous memory. I changed the 02 sensors because they were at least 6 years old, and I borked a wire when doing my hpipe. This is the right side 02, which I am assuming is the passenger side. What should I look for? What would make just the passenger side lean? Thanks for the help guys. I pulled the plugs about a week ago, and they all looked normal. Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Camman said:
I have a code 29 in my continuous memory. I changed the 02 sensors because they were at least 6 years old, and I borked a wire when doing my hpipe. This is the right side 02, which I am assuming is the passenger side. What should I look for? What would make just the passenger side lean? Thanks for the help guys. I pulled the plugs about a week ago, and they all looked normal. Thanks for the help

Code 29 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is an electronic sender mounted on the speedo pickup gear on the trans. It works the cruse control for both 5 speed and auto trans cars. On auto trans cars, it tells the computer to speed up the idle slightly as you slow down to a stop to keep the engine from stalling. Check to see if the electrical connector is plugged into it. Cost is under $30 and it is easy to replace.

okay, Now I just have code 67 in koeo test. This is the neutral savety switch. I was assuming I was throwing this code becasue I jumped the wires on my clutch switch, but I just unjumped them, which I think is like it should be with the clutch off the floor. Could this be the bad boy in the tranny?

I also Still have code 29, which is the VSS(thanks for the correction) I will check this. Kinda weird that 2 things in my tranny are bad... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks