coil on plug conversion

jammer84_03

Nov 30, 2003
been doing some serious searching on this topic as of late, but i havent seen any info on someone doing it.

i have an aem ecu on te way, and i want to go to a coil on plug solution for my 331 stroker. i was thinking on going with their pencil style directly from the aem's website, but for ease, availablity, and price, i was thinking about getting a set from a mod motor stang. anyone have any ideas what might all be involved on getting this setup to work? any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for that thread. something along that line. i am looking at pencil coils that way i dont have the placement of the coil packs mucking up the engine bay. basically like the 99+ style cobra coils.

im thinking on staying with all aem components (epm, CDI, and pencil COP) to go with the aem. but if there is another seemless way i can go, than im all for it.

the real main reason for the conversion is the high boost, high rpm capabilities of the COP units. more accurate when it comes down to it, and more spark energy