Columbus, Ohio Auto Show '05 Stang Info

N_stang

Mar 17, 2004
Columbus, OH
Columbus, Ohio Auto Show '05 Stang Info & Pics!!

Hello from Columbus!

Just 're-joined' the StangNet Forum world...been a few years...been busy and lazy...oops!

Anyway, just sharing the info I got from the Cols., OH Auto Show about the '05 Stang. Seems like there's all kinds of 'rumors' and what not about when the car is coming to a dealer near you, and for how much. So I'll throw in my info on what the Ford people told me....

According to them, literature will be available in April and the car will be available 'this fall'. Also, I was quoted a price for the 'GT model to start at $25K, and the 6 to start at $18K'. Wow. I'm still hoping that the GT will start a bit more cheaper than that....but oh well....

So, the whole thing about the car coming out this fall must be pretty vaild, cause the 'official' website says 'coming Fall 04'. Hmmmm so I wonder if the prices are correct too??? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Got some pics of the Stang on display....it is was a silver GT with lighter silver stripes and grey interior. Will up-load soon!!!

Well, there's the info I got...just wanted to add to the 'hype and hoop-la'!

Can't wait for this fall!!! :D

P.S. Finally added my pics I took! -- enjoy! :D

Attachments

• 05-Stang-1.jpg
    05-Stang-1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 05-Stang-6.jpg
    05-Stang-6.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Sponsors (?)

N_stang said:
Also, I was quoted a price for the 'GT model to start at $25K, and the 6 to start at $18K'. Wow. I'm still hoping that the GT will start a bit more cheaper than that....but oh well....

Since the 2004 Mustang GT coupe starts at $24,185, I don't understand how anyone could think that the vastly improved '05 would stricker for much less than $25K. I also think that the $18K # for the V6 is low. I'd expect the sticker on the lowest cost V6 to be $18,995.

Originally Posted by 351CJ
Since the 2004 Mustang GT coupe starts at $24,185, I don't understand how anyone could think that the vastly improved '05 would stricker for much less than $25K. I also think that the $18K # for the V6 is low. I'd expect the sticker on the lowest cost V6 to be $18,995.

Very true, indeed. But earlier info I had read about the new '05, Ford made it sound like they were trying to make Mustang redesigned, sporty, yet....economical (to a degree) was my impression. So that's why I figured there was some hope that the price would have come down a bit....sounded cool but, ah well. I'm still luvin' it anyway! :nice:

Maybe Ford's whole 'ecomomical' outlook was for the V6...hence why I keep hearing the base price of about $18K....guess we just have to wait and see!