comp. ratio for supercharging

mtlman22

May 14, 2005
NY
I am looking into supercharging my engine and i am running a Comp ratio of 10:1 right now and i am just seing if anyone has any pro's or con's on running boost with that much Comp. keep in mind i dont plan on running any more than 6psi of boost. any thoughts would be great!!

• Sponsors (?)

10:1 is not an ideal compression ratio for supercharging. How much octane is premium where you live? I don't think even with 93 octane I would run 6psi of boost with 10:1. Your signature says you have 10.5:1.

I would put in new low compression pistons for around 8.5:1 and then run 10psi of boost or so... You'll make more power that way.

you will get away with it my car is a 10 to 1 and and i run 93 and 10lbs of boost. just try it and listen for detination and back out the timing to 8 for starters and go up to a degree. you need to dyno it also for a/f ratio when adding timing from 8

Be very cautious if you intend to run with this setup. Regardless of what some people experience, damage may occur even when detonation is not noticed aurally. FYI, a ratio of 10:1 @ 6psi will net 14.1:1 (16.8:1 @ 10psi). A maximum of 12.4:1 is normally recommended for 92 octane unleaded. As Fast63 recommended, I would highly suggest you consider new pistons or porting.