Concept mustang

Toney C

Jan 23, 2004
Texas
Is anybody else wanting the after market companies to go after the concept look for the new mustang?

I mean, is anybody wanting that look besides me? I think the tail lights, they way the exhaust exits the rear through the bottom molding and front facia of the concept just blow away the production model look. I would love to set my new stang apart from the crowd with that look.

But I guess if there is not enough interest in it, then something like that will never be produced. Then I'll be look at getting it done custom (expensive).

I really hope there is going to be others who want that look too.

Peace.

• Sponsors (?)

The Concept looks sooooo much better. I hope they have some aftermarket parts to bring the production more inline with the concept look. The whole front of the productoin model was just a disapointment to me after how excited the concept made me.

Sandrews said:
The Concept looks sooooo much better. I hope they have some aftermarket parts to bring the production more inline with the concept look. The whole front of the productoin model was just a disapointment to me after how excited the concept made me.

I second that

Yes, there are certain styling qualities from the concept that are better. Not only do I think the aftermarket will try to provide concept solutions, but I think Ford will eventually transform this car more into the concept through special models, possible future refreshenings, and etc.

I hope they get on it pretty quick after the car hits the streets. I'll be first in line to get the front and rear end to match the concept.

I'm sure if and when that happens, (maybe a year or so from now) there will be people on this board to let the rest of us know who to get it from.

Stangston said:
Yes, there are certain styling qualities from the concept that are better. Not only do I think the aftermarket will try to provide concept solutions, but I think Ford will eventually transform this car more into the concept through special models, possible future refreshenings, and etc.

I am hoping that FORD uses the concept design for the 06/07 SVT Mustang with the 5.4L engine. :hail2:

1faspony said:
I am hoping that FORD uses the concept design for the 06/07 SVT Mustang with the 5.4L engine. :hail2:

I highly doubt it... too costly to change all that. They typicallly just change the hood and the rear bumper which is only different in the embossed lettering. And, don't forget, the 99 and 00 mustang cobra didn't even have the rear bumper changed... it simply said "mustang". They didn't emboss the cobra name into it until 2001. Aside from the hood, rear bumper and exterior badges, that's all that's different on the cobra exterior. I doubt they will do the entire front end. Hope I'm wrong...

spectravp said:
I highly doubt it... too costly to change all that. They typicallly just change the hood and the rear bumper which is only different in the embossed lettering. And, don't forget, the 99 and 00 mustang cobra didn't even have the rear bumper changed... it simply said "mustang". They didn't emboss the cobra name into it until 2001. Aside from the hood, rear bumper and exterior badges, that's all that's different on the cobra exterior. I doubt they will do the entire front end. Hope I'm wrong...

I was hoping that the reason for the lag time in building the next SVT in 2006/2007 was to make a dedicated factory using the concept design. That would be worth the wait. I know too costly but we can dream.

the concept is what made me a mustang fan. it represented a modern twist to the classic stang. while i think the 05 is a great car, i do wish it had more elements from the concept. the hood, rear valence, window louvre, side scoop, and front bumper are the main differences. im pretty sure at least one aftermarket company will go for the concept look. if not, im positive that a body kit will be made based on the mustang gtr. the gtr has a the front/rear bumper, rear lights, and louvre from the concept car. so, you should be able to replciate the look based on gtr parts and by mixing and matching with other parts. for me, im excited to see a concept kit, eleanor kit, and gtr kit. i cant wait for the aftermarket to hit.

kinjalxxv said:
the concept is what made me a mustang fan. it represented a modern twist to the classic stang. while i think the 05 is a great car, i do wish it had more elements from the concept. the hood, rear valence, window louvre, side scoop, and front bumper are the main differences. im pretty sure at least one aftermarket company will go for the concept look. if not, im positive that a body kit will be made based on the mustang gtr. the gtr has a the front/rear bumper, rear lights, and louvre from the concept car. so, you should be able to replciate the look based on gtr parts and by mixing and matching with other parts. for me, im excited to see a concept kit, eleanor kit, and gtr kit. i cant wait for the aftermarket to hit.

Amen, I can't wait either.

Jonesin for the GTR look

I am with you on the GTR vs GT. I want the look of the GTR all the way down to the carbon fiber front lip spoiler. The concept got me excited about the new mustang and the production one seems to be a duller version. I hope some good after market cos. jump on board and make some good engine and body kits. I am stoked to see what comes out.

gearedpony said:
Absolutely!!! I think the concept car does look much better. Just the styling of it. I just can't wait to see what the aftermarket will look like....body kits and most definately engine. :hail2:

This car is really trying my patience. I have never had this much anticipation waiting on a car to be produced. And the thought of what the after market comes up with is driving me crazy.

Engine will definately be upgraded. Someone on here said that Kenne Bell is going to be working on a super charger for it. I think the potential is going to be endless.

But a supercharged GT with cocept looks will suit me just fine.

to all of you who want the concept mustang look.... ive got a couple of questions

what color do you plan on getting on your stang? the satin silver is not a close match to the paint job on the concept.. so i was wondering if you were a) going to get a paint job b) choose a different color from ford c) stick with the satin silver.

what rims do you plan on getting? the 17inch rims are very similar to the concepts, but the bullits are also an option.

will you be leaving on the gt fog lights, or removing them to replace it with a cleaner grille?

how much do you think it will cost to modify the body of the gt to look more like the concept? (hood, front bumper, rear bumper, louvre).

just wondering... i want to mod my 05gt as soon as i get it.. and like you guys.. i cant wait. daydreamin...

ok aftermarket companies...you see we want those mods...there are $$$ in it for you and the fulfillment of dreams for us. I know I want a concept front (minus fogs) and rear end with exhaust thru bumper (not underneath). Are any aftermarketers listening???

This is amazing...I've never EVEN been a member of a forum...much less posted 45 msgs!!! The coming of the 2005 Mustang is simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

sajawebb said:
ok aftermarket companies...you see we want those mods...there are $$$ in it for you and the fulfillment of dreams for us. I know I want a concept front (minus fogs) and rear end with exhaust thru bumper (not underneath). Are any aftermarketers listening???

This is amazing...I've never EVEN been a member of a forum...much less posted 45 msgs!!! The coming of the 2005 Mustang is simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dude, I'm totally with you on that one. I want the front facia with no fogs and the rear with the through pipes BUT I also would like the tail light kit to go along with it. I got a PM from a guy on this board and there is a company right now that's going to persue the idea :D .

Here's the link to stay informed when they start the design. I sent them an email already about the concept look kit :nice:

http://[email protected]/