Considering getting a Terminator, tired of waiting...

cLeAnRaCiNgLdR

Dec 6, 2004
I have wanted a Terminator for about 2 years now and am tired of waiting for them to drop in price. I thought the release of the Shelbys would lower the value of the older Cobra but It has not seem to effect them at all. I'm tired of waiting, it seems they are getting harder and harder to find every passing month. For the amount I can afford, all I can seem to find are ragged out junk with bald tires, engine bays that looks like an Iraqi Desert, and torn up interior. Today I found one that *looked* very well taked care of, a nice aftermarket sound system, a few other performance mods....It looks clean. What I'm worried about is that it has 53,000 miles... Guys at work tell me that S/C motors won't make it even close to 100,000 miles without serious maintenance. Is this true? I'm in college and money is somewhat tight, I don't want to be fixing something every month. Please whatever advice you can give me about what to do would be great. should I get this Car?

• Sponsors (?)

lol hey bro, if you mean this car (the 53,000mi comment kinda gave it away)?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/221206859.html

thatd be mine.

as for "Guys at work tell me that S/C motors won't make it even close to 100,000 miles without serious maintenance. Is this true?", ive never heard such a thing. its all about how it was treated. if you beat the **** out of any car, stock to moderately modded, its gonna have trouble making it past 10,000 miles. the Terminators 4.6L was meant for boost, its not like your average GT when you add a power adder, you start to put more strain than the motor was designed for.

i thought the same thing you did when i looked at the car. actually what was on my mind was the fact it had already been pullied and used. until i met the owner, who was a guy around 50 years old, obviously just getting done with his midlife crisis. it was his commuter car, he commuted from santa cruz to san jose. at first, you say "ah, thats alot of freeway driving, enough to open her up daily", but then you think, "san jose! theres no time of day where traffic is enough to get past 80, let alone enough distance to open her up".

I honest to god do NOT want to get rid of this car. I cant afford insurance on both now, so whatever mustang sells im keeping the other one. id much rather it be the GT that goes, but right now beggars cant be choosers, any car that goes is gonna clear at least 400$ out of my budget. I wouldnt be in this predicement had i done some market research and realized nobody in my area wants a GT, but i made a impulse buy on the Cobra, and then got a ticket in the GT, and now im paying the price for my mistakes.

if you want to talk it over, give me a call.

if youre talking about a different car, disregard most of my babble, and have a nice day.