Control Arm Opinions

• Sponsors (?)

I have a set of mac upper/lowers and I have an incredible amount of wheel hop. I haven't driven the car in awhile so I"m not sure what else would cause that? My 88GTw/ stock upper and lowers hooks 10x better.

I have BBK uppers and lowers and have no wheel hop. The way I understand it is if you are road racing then you may want to stay away from the poly bushings. The rubber has enough give to keep from distorting the mounting areas. The poly bushings work better for the staight line guys.

Metco.

MCA0003-B.jpg

View attachment 515895

Attachments

• MCA0003-B.jpg
    MCA0003-B.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 64
on most cars , uppers are a waste , unless you just want them for piece of mind or your bushings are shot .....stock rubbers bushings do good on uppers , but lowers are needed because the stock lowers flex and distort too much ....lakewood part number 20150 are $129.95 from summit .......

ram360 said:
I have a set of mac upper/lowers and I have an incredible amount of wheel hop. I haven't driven the car in awhile so I"m not sure what else would cause that? My 88GTw/ stock upper and lowers hooks 10x better.

I had this same problem at first when I installed my LCAs. If you just add more RPM when you launch it wont hop. I guess the only way I could figure is there is a lot of down pressure on the tires but not enough forward motion...?

Anyways... I got Mega Bite Jr. lowers, they made a huge difference. They're a two part LCA rather than a solid piece (similar to the MetCo LCAs above). You can adjust the amount of initial hook on them too, 80% or 110% (more traction) I think. The higher of the two unloads sooner though, so more traction but for less amount of time. I think they cost me right around $220.

Sgt.5point0 said:
I had this same problem at first when I installed my LCAs. If you just add more RPM when you launch it wont hop. I guess the only way I could figure is there is a lot of down pressure on the tires but not enough forward motion...?

Anyways... I got Mega Bite Jr. lowers, they made a huge difference. They're a two part LCA rather than a solid piece (similar to the MetCo LCAs above). You can adjust the amount of initial hook on them too, 80% or 110% (more traction) I think. The higher of the two unloads sooner though, so more traction but for less amount of time. I think they cost me right around $220.

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.