convertibles/ mufflers

tony laq

Apr 19, 2005
didnt see this in search so here goes...

for you guys with convertibles, what kind of mufflers are you going with? not a catback per se but just aftermarket mufflers with an otherwise stock or near stock set up?

how do you like them with the top up? down?
what would you have done instead if you arent happy with what youve got?

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

i have the upr offroad xpipe with american thunder catback..they use super 40 2-chamber flowmaster mufflers. I like the sound but its a little rough with the top up, but standable. I'd go with some dynomax bullet mufflers if you want to weld some high performance mufflers into your stock setup..they offer nice air flow with a nice quiet tone.

Magnaflow catted X with Magnaflows. I think Magnapacks are too loud on a vert. My top never goes up, she never sees rain. I have the CDC lightbar and the Saleen hard tonneau cover, it looks too good to put the top up.

cronin49 said:
Magnaflow catted X with Magnaflows. I think Magnapacks are too loud on a vert. My top never goes up, she never sees rain. I have the CDC lightbar and the Saleen hard tonneau cover, it looks too good to put the top up.

That's cause you have the catted X... I have the stock H. It's perfect with a mostly stock exhaust. It quiets down at the red lights next to CHP and it lights up when pushing it. I just ran a 1/3 can of Seafoam through my baby's engine and everything is sounding primo... Packs are the hot. The only thing better is SLP. Otherwise you deal with the 2K droan....

BTW, my baby is always topless... like the fast :taco: she is...

(I have the CDC too...) I get comps all the time. At least twice a day that I drive her.

GDawg said:
That's cause you have the catted X... I have the stock H. It's perfect with a mostly stock exhaust. It quiets down at the red lights next to CHP and it lights up when pushing it. I just ran a 1/3 can of Seafoam through my baby's engine and everything is sounding primo... Packs are the hot. The only thing better is SLP. Otherwise you deal with the 2K droan....

BTW, my baby is always topless... like the fast :taco: she is...

(I have the CDC too...) I get comps all the time. At least twice a day that I drive her.

I hear ya dude... I too get complements daily on her. One day my wife and I counted 6 times on one Saturday that someone said something. You are probably like me, I keep my car spotless and pristine.

cronin49 said:
I hear ya dude... I too get complements daily on her. One day my wife and I counted 6 times on one Saturday that someone said something. You are probably like me, I keep my car spotless and pristine.

You know it bro... It's funny how many stangs are on the road but people continually come up to me to compliment the pony. I count at least twice a day that someone will approach me to tell me I have a hot car. My babe loves it too. Mustangs are the love of America. Now if only I can get a job her to put in my SC and fit her for rocket fuel.

Magnaflows all the way. The MAC catback had a good hard rumble BUT I couldn't handle the 2K drone so I had a friend cut out the MAC mufflers and weld in a pair of Magnaflows. Nice low rumble and minimal drone with the top up or down. However, if you want a loud car, good luck. :D

thanks alot for the info guys..the stock sound is getting a little boring even though i loved it when i first got it.... i think im gonna look into the magnaflow stuff.

btw, those light bars do look cool- i can see why you are getting comments :cheers:

thanks again.....

tony