Cooling system problems

stevesLX

Nov 12, 2006
cincinnati
O.K. my cooling system is all messed up and I can't figure it out. I replaced the thermostat and still no good results. Last weekened I had my to heater hoses diconnected from the firewall so I could get to my pressure regulator to change it out. Now I hooked the hoses back up and everyday I drove the car last week it would shoot up to 210-220 degrees. What happens is I go out start the car and no matter if I let it sit and warm up or drive it it only takes a few minutes and the temerature will rise up to about 180 and then start climbing from there. I pull the cap off and let it puke a couple times and refill it I get heat inside the car and the temperature drops back down to around 160 and everythings fine until you let the car cool down and then it does it again. So last night I messed with it some and I left the cap off of it and left it do its thing. It overflowed out a few times and then it bubbled up and started flowing like it should and I had heat and everything was great. I finished puting more coolant in and all of a sudden it was like a volcano went off it was spraying out of the radiator 3 feet in the air. I dont know what is causing this but I need to get it fixed. Any help would be appreciated.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)