Couple pics of a FOX tb swap with 93 cobra intake

TMC

Founding Member
Jan 17, 1999
Chicago
The stock IAC does hit the hood even without a blanket. I plan to just strip the wires back and get rid of the stock plug to lower the profile of the plug. It should just clear the hood then and allow it to close properly. You can see in one shot how far up it holds the hood up when it's closed.

Attachments

• P1020414.jpg
    P1020414.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 304
  • P1020416.jpg
    P1020416.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks good...I take it everythings cool but the IAC....Weird...I nver seen that configuration of IAC before...
I have 3 extra like this one...I can set you up if you want...Least the plug will solve your problem..

iac_blue.jpg

RIO5.0 said:
Looks good...I take it everythings cool but the IAC....Weird...I nver seen that configuration of IAC before...
I have 3 extra like this one...I can set you up if you want...Least the plug will solve your problem..

iac_blue.jpg

Yeah, that's the standard FOX setup but stock 94-95 IAC's a like in my shots. I'd love to have the FOX setup like you show but it's not extremely important if I don't as long as the hood closes completely.

RIO5.0 said:

Andy, can you help me out if I decide to do that swap?

Joe, have you considered this with your 347?

RC

That elbow is a 4” dia rubber unit that I picked up at the local truck parts store. They generally have the big stuff like that in stock…elbows, pipe, pipe bends and such.

The rest of the setup is simply a Pro-M 77 with a short section of pipe to connect the meter to the elbow. The Pro-M 77 meters are much longer than the newer shorter 80mm units.

9 Deuce GT said:
"The Pro-M 77 meters are much longer than the newer shorter 80mm units."

Depends on which Pro-M 80mm you go with. My 80mm is just like yours.

Well, if you get the newer SH0RTER 80mm unit it will be much shorter than the older 77mm unit. If you get the longer 80mm unit than they will be the same.

LukeDaddy said:
Did you get your cruise control cable to work? Has anyone done this successfully?

Luke

I have not pulled it off the car yet but I don't really see any need for it on my car. maybe before I do I'll take a look at it to see if it can be hooked back up or not.