Couple Q's

Zackqb2

May 13, 2009
Kentucky
Ok I have a 93 GT, with a built 306, and I have a Powerdyne supercharger on it, I'm sure its a stock pulley. I'm trying to find a better pulley because I wanna run some more boost. Is there someone on here that is running a powerdyne charger and if so where can I get another pulley.

• Sponsors (?)

You can probably still get a smaller pulley through reichard racing.
Just be forewarned, powerdynes are not known for their reliability so spinning faster may not be the greatest idea. And when they do go, they are a PITA to get fixed.

If it were mine, i'll sell it while it's still good and use the money towards the $1900 SCi vortech kit instead of investing more money in the PD.

You also don't say what heads/cam/intake you have, if it's quality parts, you may have to spin the hell out of the powerdyne to get much more boost.

You can probably still get a smaller pulley through reichard racing.
Just be forewarned, powerdynes are not known for their reliability so spinning faster may not be the greatest idea. And when they do go, they are a PITA to get fixed.

If it were mine, i'll sell it while it's still good and use the money towards the $1900 SCi vortech kit instead of investing more money in the PD.

You also don't say what heads/cam/intake you have, if it's quality parts, you may have to spin the hell out of the powerdyne to get much more boost.

+1000
I have a powerdyne blower. You really don't want to push the blower past 6-7 psi, once you hit 9 psi you tend to break the internal belt on the blower if you do.

Sell it, and buy a better blower.

I would not run more than 6 psi and I strongly recommend that.

+1000
I have a powerdyne blower. You really don't want to push the blower past 6-7 psi, once you hit 9 psi you tend to break the internal belt on the blower if you do.

Sell it, and buy a better blower.

I would not run more than 6 psi and I strongly recommend that.

What he said, smaller pulley equals broken belt. the si trim vortech is where it's at!