Current '05 owners, opinion?

orthoguy

Oct 22, 2004
Michigan
I have had my car for 3 days now and my opinion about this car is still very high.

I do have one complaint though....why couldn't the factory have included a nice plenum cover like you see on all the sites featuring promo shots of the vehicle??? Do you think this is going to be an option down the road? It really would have dressed up the engine compartment if they would have installed one!!

Have any of you created your own dash light colors? I still like the pre-set blue, but have made a neat Purple with "My color settings"

I love the way the windows seal when you close the doors! :nice:

Just wondering what you guys' initial thoughts were on your new GT.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

orthoguy said:
I have had my car for 3 days now and my opinion about this car is still very high.

I do have one complaint though....why couldn't the factory have included a nice plenum cover like you see on all the sites featuring promo shots of the vehicle??? Do you think this is going to be an option down the road? It really would have dressed up the engine compartment if they would have installed one!!

Have any of you created your own dash light colors? I still like the pre-set blue, but have made a neat Purple with "My color settings"

I love the way the windows seal when you close the doors! :nice:

Just wondering what you guys' initial thoughts were on your new GT.

Mike

Im absolutly in love with my car.

Im useing MyColor setting of a light blue/green similar in color to the dashboard lights on the 2000 Mustangs.

Picked mine up Thursday and I'm lovin' it. The power is amazing, the stereo (Shaker 1000) is killer and the ride is smooth & tight. I'm also lovin' the reactions I get from strangers. Can't tell you how many thumbs up and "nice car"'s I've gotten (even from ricers - jealous). I've even caught 2 or 3 people taking pictures. Great to be a stang owner!

Eduk8r said:
Picked mine up Thursday and I'm lovin' it. The power is amazing, the stereo (Shaker 1000) is killer and the ride is smooth & tight. I'm also lovin' the reactions I get from strangers. Can't tell you how many thumbs up and "nice car"'s I've gotten (even from ricers - jealous). I've even caught 2 or 3 people taking pictures. Great to be a stang owner!

Do you have a pic with those Shelby Stripes? Where did you get them?

I absolutely love my stang. This car fits me, and damnit its awesome. I took some backwoods chicane last night around 50mph and it held on. This is the first car to give me a rush. The sound of the engine just before you change gears... man I love it.

I have gotten tons and tons of hoots, stares, thumbs up... its like I am driving a lamborghini or something.

Every moment I have had free so far I have been driving this thing. I love the feel of the car, the confidence of its road handling, and the power is just a pure adrenaline rush. Keep in mind I am coming from an auto 98 VW Golf.

If you dont have one yet, go get one!

'05 GT/Mustang owners....

How does the paint quality look? Hopefully Ford took a step forward here also. Just curious, haven't heard any mention of this so far, which is probably a good thing since it's the first thing you see.

On the engine cover thingy, maybe Ford will offer it through FMS as an accessory. Honestly, I thought it looked kind of cheap on the engine but I'm a purist. I don't mind seeing the composite runners exposed, and I love the valve covers/magnesium.

The engine cover thing is cool but I like to see a big powerful v8 when I open the hood of my car.

This is a car that seems too beg you to drive. I have found myself looking for places to go just to drive the car. The thumbs up at the redlights and the atteintion it gets is just icing on the cake.

having fun

still too new to rev it way up, so after 1,000 miles and a switch to 5w30 Mobil One I'll feel free to push the pedal to the medal.

GT observations:

--feel like I have to 'wait' when opening the door, I like to see that the glass moved down before I really pull it, guess it's all the maitenance training from the Army.

--Had to re-encode all my MP3 to 128 bps to ensure it always worked.

--needs a trunk release on the door.

--Driving is pure fun.

--don't degrade the ATX, it works great, sounds great, shifter looks great, and yes, it is still fast. My wife can now drive the car, so that makes both of us happy--wife not happy = NO Mustang.

--I drive at night with just the Fogs, works very well. Really freaks out the cars you follow.

--mine is Black, I can't see any other color being as tough looking, it seems to really get other drivers to look at it.

--red interior is THE option to have.

--my insurance went down ! So either the master insurance computer is down or the insurance Gods are smiling upon us. (for those who will ask I have USAA)

--Get anti theft, you can roll down the windows with the remote then.

LTC Arndt out :flag:

Don't worry about the oil in this car. It comes with synthetic from the factory. As they say, break it in like you're gunna drive it!

PS: Got mine on Friday and put 100 miles on it so far. I love this car!

SixFivePony said:
What does the owners manual say about break-in?

That's what I'd follow, just for warranty purposes.

It says, "Your vehicle does not need an extensive break-in. Try not to drive continuously at the same speed for the first 1000 miles of new vehicle operation. Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in."

So far, I've varied it up to 90...

ltccarndt said:
--feel like I have to 'wait' when opening the door, I like to see that the glass moved down before I really pull it, guess it's all the maitenance training from the Army.
The window Goes down when you open the door?? Whats that all about? Ive seen the 05's but i havent been in one yet.

Dr.

between the wife and I we have owned: 2000 V6,2 2001 GT's(his and hers),a 2003 mach 1.I can say for the both of us(we have 2 2005's) that the new stang is more than I expected.Ride quality is much better,handling is way improved,my head no longer hits the roof on the side and I feel very comfortable when driving.The engine feels powerful,but I still need more time to see if its equal to my mach 1.The engine does seem much smoother than the 4 valve mach.Paint quality is great.I keep thinking of a 69 mach 1 when I look at my car,it just has that look to it.We get people staring,asking questions and giving thumbs up all the time.The wifes sonic blue gets more attention than my black though,but I think black looks meaner.

I took my wife to see a 05' on Sat. last, and was shocked at the price of the car in the show room. The dealer was adding on 2,900.00 and called it "market adjustment". That added to the extras, and premium package brought the total to 32,895.00. I almost passed out! Is this normal priceing? Other than that I love this car. It reminds me alot of the 68' & 69' GT's. Will get one soon.

This has been a pretty good thread so far!!

I have had mine for a week now, but only have put on 120 miles (due to it raining here) One quick mention of a comment I got today....I parked the car on the side street at work today and two guys that were driving by slammed on the brakes, backed up, stopped in the middle of the street and kept yelling "Bad Ass M***** F***** over and over!! I thought it was the funniest thing yet! Everyday I get the constant acknowledgement from on-lookers, but today had to be the best!!!

I live in Michigan and it was very cold this morning, so here are a few things I would like to see for future upgrades.....Heat seats & side mirrors! Other than that, still Lovin' it! Also Love the black, hate the dust!

Mike