Current '05 owners, opinion?

01GT/03ZX9 said:
between the wife and I we have owned: 2000 V6,2 2001 GT's(his and hers),a 2003 mach 1.I can say for the both of us(we have 2 2005's) that the new stang is more than I expected.Ride quality is much better,handling is way improved,my head no longer hits the roof on the side and I feel very comfortable when driving.The engine feels powerful,but I still need more time to see if its equal to my mach 1.The engine does seem much smoother than the 4 valve mach.Paint quality is great.I keep thinking of a 69 mach 1 when I look at my car,it just has that look to it.We get people staring,asking questions and giving thumbs up all the time.The wifes sonic blue gets more attention than my black though,but I think black looks meaner.

I almost forgot about the "Sonic Blue" color choice! I bet that color on the '05 is awesome!!

• Sponsors (?)

womdow goes down 1/2 inch

Dr_EluSivE said:
The window Goes down when you open the door?? Whats that all about? Ive seen the 05's but i havent been in one yet.

Dr.
The window drops 1/2 inch when you pull the handle to open the door. It automatically rolls back up 1/2 inch after you close the door. It's for a better seal. If you open the door toooooo fast it can't roll down before it pulls against the rubber seal, so I goes a little slower to give it a chance.

I 've got about 250 miles on the car.....It is clearly the best mustang I've ever purchased. I've ordered a Tri-ax shifter, throws are still too long and mushy. Other than a few nitpicks/personal gripes,I'm very pleased with it. :nice: This car will be a huge hit for Ford IMHO.

Eduk8r said:
Picked mine up Thursday and I'm lovin' it. The power is amazing, the stereo (Shaker 1000) is killer and the ride is smooth & tight. I'm also lovin' the reactions I get from strangers. Can't tell you how many thumbs up and "nice car"'s I've gotten (even from ricers - jealous). I've even caught 2 or 3 people taking pictures. Great to be a stang owner!

What a bummer getting your car this time of the year in Chicago. We moved from Chicago to Houston and we are expecting our car in dec-jan time frame. Its will be a very chilly 55 degrees in Jan here. :D

Congrats on your car man!

ltccarndt said:
and a switch to 5w30 Mobil One I'll feel free to push the pedal to the medal.

You better do some research on this before you put 5W30 into it.

There are numerous discussions on F150 sites about VVT mechanism failures in 3V 5.4L engines. The common factor appears to be F150 owners who are putting in oil other than the recommended 5W20.

I know that Mobil 1 is great stuff, but I would advise you to check with Mobil first. I belive that Mobil recommends Mobil 1 0W20 for use in FoMoCo vehicles that are specified to use 5W20.

I bought mine 4 days ago and i LOve it. I was the first one to have one in missouri and now i have to go to all these promoation productions and it will be in the Christmas parade on DEC18 for the midwest and all expenses are paid.