Custom Fender Emblem

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
Attached below at the very bottom are the emblems I have. I took them off to attempt to refinish them. This did not go well as they are plastic and have so many grooves to get in between.

So, I have a company that is going to charge me out the wazoo to make custom billet emblems. BTW, Tom, if you can do this ... please let me know!

Anyway, what I really need is some ideas. I do not have photoshop anymore, so I can't do the cool stuff. I'd like them to be black to match my trim ... with polished lettering I suppose. Throw some ideas my way!

I created this in paint a few minutes ago, LOL. Spent no time ... just a rough draft of something that may be acceptable. Give me your opinions on what should be done to it .... or even if you have something totally different in mind.

Pretend the grey areas are polished, lol.
Emblem.jpg

Currently have ....
1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Tom, those all look great. My problem with everthing I did ... I was getting too much black .. or too much polished stuff. You are the man.

Let me sit and ponder on what you have given me. I like them all, lol.

I decided to put the original emblems back on temporarily.

I soaked them in acetone today. One of them stripped completely (no black left on it) and the other did not strip at all! Why did this happen?

They are both original Ford emblems.

I dunno man. The thing I like about your color of car is that it's so clean and calming. I think anything with any large degree of black in it in that location would totally interrupt the flow of the color and knock the balance off. Just my thoughts though, I'm sure you'll be able to pull off something cool.