Dangerous Turned Deadly

i saw an accident like that happen in hartford, some idiot in a honda lost control and hit a pedestrian and killed him, they just left him there. It was all the same type of people up there, a bunch of gangbanger losers. its pretty sad. now any of us that actually enjoy our cars and enjoy being out in them, and even street racing, will have the reputation that these guys have made for us... pretty garbage

• Sponsors (?)

He didn't back out of it when he should have. Just pure stupidity and not thinking of others, but only about hisself and his embarassment.

It was between two rival gangs:rolleyes:

I'm soooo tired of gangbanging f**ktards. They are taking over everywhere. My home town used to be a real nice place to raise kids and enjoy life, now its dealers, and gangsters! Thats why I plan to apply for my concealed weapon license...you never know when someone will try and rob you, steal your dog cuz its a "american pitbull terrier", or try and break in your home while your sleeping. I'm sooo tired of the way things are these days! :mad:

My prayers go out to the lost ones!

The older I get the more I realize that People are just plain STUPID. I am pretty sure its inherited and passed along from generation to generation and it makes each generation more STUPID than the one before. Some people are blessed with a double dose of this gene from both the father and the mother. Those are the ones you read about and just shake you head and ask what were they thinking???!!!

X2 on the bad areas, stopped going a few years ago

I have never went. I finally found French Rd. though. I was on a delivery for work down there. And I got turned around and I was driving down this long long wide road....I thought...this much be French...sure enough it was...the hole street was covered in tire treads!!!!:rlaugh: That is hands down the roughest looking place on earth. Did you see the side streets...burned houses. The side subdiviosn streets had so much trach blocking them, you couldn't even drive down there!!

I heard on another board that the guy was shot because he did not want to pay up, not because he wanted to take the spectator to the hospital.

Detective questions link between street race death, fatal shooting

Police said today a preliminary investigation into a deadly street race in the Pratt Community Sunday shows the fatal shooting there may not have been directly related to the accident that killed a bystander moments earlier.

The accident happened just before 4:30 p.m. during an illegal drag race on Republic Boulevard off Avenue W, an area commonly used for such races, authorities said.

Lonnie King, 29, from the Pratt area, was struck by one of two cars racing on Republic Boulevard off Avenue W while he was photographing race, police said.

A short time later, Anthony Lett, 36, of Huntsville, was shot to death.

Birmingham homicide Sgt. Cory Hardiman said there were several stories about what happened, including the widespread account from witnesses that Lett was shot after he wanted to take King to the hospital.

"That's not the case," Hardiman said today. "A dispute started after the accident and it was during the dispute the victim was shot and killed.

"It's related, but we don't have any evidence there was a dispute over taking anyone to the hospital."

A videotape of the accident is posted on the internet (see below). Hardiman said they have seen the video, but do not yet have a copy in their possession.

Hardiman said there were hundreds of people at the race, many of whom police believed videotaped the event.

"This is a real good example of people going on about their business when they could come forward with information," he said.

Anyone with information should call police at 254-1764.

One more reason why I have never had the urge to hang out at street races. Even without this shooting the whole scene make me nervous, no matter what kind of "people" were there or how experienced they are. I won't sit here and pretend that I don't race on the street but the hanging out with a bunch of strangers, posers and wannabe's out looking for some kind of rep...no thanks.

The usual around here in the summer is to hang out for a while till people start talking trash, then they make a race for money and go do it with about 20 other cars and 50 people to watch. My friends and I let them go and amuse themselfs, we stay there and BS or whatever...I don't care to be assosiated with the racing end of it, I don't want my car getting impounded or even being implicated with whats going on not to mention I value my life and don't trust any of these @$$ clowns behind the wheel. The cops know who's out racing and causing problems, they also know that our group of cars are cared for by us and we respect the property of the owners of the business we are hanging out at (Dunkin Doughnuts or Lowes) so they usually just tell us to have a good night and keep safe.

Our group has some very nice cars that go fast (LS1 powerd BMW E36 M3) (10.5 second GMC Cylcone or the (2) 10.9 second Talons) and are always getting asked to money race...but we decline, they know who's fast from Youtube videos at the track, thats where we like to keep it.

I guess I just don't get the thrill of these races, maybe I am getting old or the consciencquences don't out weigh the thrills? Sorry, I just don't see it.