Dc Controllers Vs. Flexa-lite Question?

larrym1961

5 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
Idaho Falls Id
I am currently using a Flex-A-Lite Veriable Speed Controller with my Contour/Cougar dual E fan. I am using a 180 thermostat and going by my Autometer digital temp gauge, I have set my fans to come on @ 192 degrees.

The problem I am having with the Flex-A-Lite controller is the inconsistent temps the fan comes on. And I would like something that is a bit more consistent to come on at the temp I set it to.

I was wondering if a DC Controller would be better to give me the constant 192 degree temp I would like to see my fans come on with a veriable speed controller?

I have noticed quite a few use the DC Controller and seem to like them. The only negative I have read on them so far is the waiting time to receive them once you order them.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the same set up you have on my F150 and have always had the same problem with my Flexalite controller. Even have had it not come on at all a couple of times when it got really hot out. Not a really good set up. I've actually had to replace it once already.

I've got the DCC controller with a Taurus fan on my Mustang and it works like a charm. Always consistent and way....way better constructed than that little dial Flexalite gives you.

My DCC controller took 3-weeks to arrive....which isn't bad considering I live in Canada.

I knew my Flex-A-Lite was inconsistent but now that I have switched from a mechanical water temp gauge to a digital I really notice it. Had it set to come on @ exactly 192 degrees on the initial setting and the fan will either come on at 187 degrees to 205 that is really inconsistent.

I've got the same set up you have on my F150 and have always had the same problem with my Flexalite controller. Even have had it not come on at all a couple of times when it got really hot out. Not a really good set up. I've actually had to replace it once already.

I've got the DCC controller with a Taurus fan on my Mustang and it works like a charm. Always consistent and way....way better constructed than that little dial Flexalite gives you.

My DCC controller took 3-weeks to arrive....which isn't bad considering I live in Canada.
What DC controller would you recommend for the Dual Contour/Cougar fan? I am considering getting the FK-45

Last edited: