Deep in the 6's now !!

10secgoal

Dec 1, 2003
San Diego
Decided to put in race gas this time so have some fun. I didn't want to pull anymore timing on pump because I just lock it out. Drained the 91 and in went 101. There is an Evo tuning shop here and he has tested all the fuels locally and loves this stuff. Gotta agree. Put the timing to 20 deg and it was sneezing in the intake at the slightest load. Each pass was bumping timing
Since the last outing I added 101, and a Phenolic spacer which I could REALLY tell the difference with the heat in the carb. Ditched the .81 housing and 3in exh, and added the 96 with a 3.5 DP. Lopped off the stock 3in v-band and welded on a 3.5. I can still see the same PSI on the brake, but it kept sneezing at 8psi, so that's all I could leave the line with.
7.0@99, added 2
6.80@103 added 2
[email protected] added 2 but no more gas. Goes through a **** ton more gas than when it went 7.6's. I would run all night on 4 gals. I took 5 this time.
A@W soon, and I need new rear shocks. It porpoises bad. I plan to take it back to a good track and gt it back down to the 1.4's at the 60. I got a 1.50, but with timing it was spinning pretty bad.

302 .040 over, f cam, 185's, 15psi
She has a lot left in timing and traction. Hoping for 6.2-6.4's soon !!

• Sponsors (?)

Damn good job . :) I'm going back out tonight to see if I can knock just a little more time off myself.

You plan on making some 1/4 mile runs? You should be deep into the 10's and prob 130mph+ Id guess. Well, if you go 6.2 you wont be in the 10's lol

Yeah, will get up to the 1/4 at some time. probably after the inter cooler though. It's so far, I'd rather TNT here and then make the trip.

Rich won't go that fast. He's got a stock block and no T-brake. But e really doesn't want to go that fast. He may take a 330 trip with me though.

Welp, found out that stock spring perches dont like repeated 1.5 60's. lol instead of flat they look like rocking horses now, not good. Didnt hurt anything, but glad I noticed it, was starting to get a vibration in the car going into second, which Im sure was the pinion rotating too high. Winter project. :)

Something you might wanna keep an eye on. The guy here welds perches that uses bolts to clamp down, instead of ubolts over the axle.

roller perches FTW, and Caltracs. Pinion can't raotate with caltracs. :nice:

Sure it can, I have caltracs.

attachment.php

Not good!

I have roller perches in the front, this is like a roller perch in the back. LOL

Attachments

• badmount.jpg
    badmount.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 215
nah, I added those shims before I went last night, it was already messed up before. Just ended up a little worse. Ya, the pin makes it thru. It was the first time the shims had ever been on my car, I was checking it after every run, last run it started to move again and had a vibration in second gear, so I called it a night at that point.

Actually the pinion angle changes a ton, its rolling back and shoving the pinion into the floor and the leafs stay put.

The Caltracs and leafs will hold position while the axle rotates on the leaf springs.
No, no, I realize that. I mean they hold the pinion angle when everything is as it should be. No broken leaf pads. Haha, pinion in the floor is pretty damn bad.

No, no, I realize that. I mean they hold the pinion angle when everything is as it should be. No broken leaf pads. Haha, pinion in the floor is pretty damn bad.

ahh ok. quit confusing me. LOL

Well, luckily it wasnt that bad, but it was far enough to cause a pretty good vibration. Last race for me anyways till next yr so got all winter to mess with it.

Get any more vids of yours this last time??