Deep in the 6's now !!

• Sponsors (?)

Get some slicks MAN !!!

It is a street car. I love my drag radials! It is a royal pain hauling slicks and a jack to the track. my 26x8's would not fit in the trunk and barely fit in the back seat. Then there is changing them at the end of the night. A couple times I had to change mine by flashlight. The lights went out in the pits when the last car crossed the finish line.

What is your best 60' Classic Boost? Front and rear suspension?

yeah, changing the slicks in a pain. (I even have an electric impact. :( )And is probably the biggest reason I trailer it right now. that and the race gas is pricey. But when I go E85, changing slicks still blows. I can barely get the 28's over the back bar into where the back seat is supposed to go.
Rich and I argue about the trailer Vs street car all the time. I told him I would make a small trailer to haul my crap up and put on a hitch if it would shut him him. :rlaugh:

you going FI???

you sellout:mad:

Ahhh. Kinda of a been there done that thing. It's time to start data logging stuff. I just can't watch them anymore. Buy the time I get the equip to do that, I'll have spent almost as much, and everything but control fuel. Might as well. Carbs may not be around forever, and if I want a shop that's still around in 30 years, gonna have to learn it.
You get my voice mail ?

Ahhh. Kinda of a been there done that thing. It's time to start data logging stuff. I just can't watch them anymore. Buy the time I get the equip to do that, I'll have spent almost as much, and everything but control fuel. Might as well. Carbs may not be around forever, and if I want a shop that's still around in 30 years, gonna have to learn it.
You get my voice mail ?
yeah, what time and where??? These fires are a couple of miles away.might be a "wet blanket" on things:D

people have been leaving blow-thru in droves lately. the lack of accurate fuel control through out the rpm range is too much of a downside for a street car.
Yep. You can fix it, but what a pain to make changes. If you up the boost, EVERYTHING changes. EFI, just add a few tables and be done with it. Another thing that did it for me was changing fuels required about 15% more fuel, more timing, pump shot change, lsab,etc....with my going E85 now also, don't want to go through it again, and then again when I go up in boost. It was fine for a stock block, or one setting. Rich's runs like a damn champ. But he can't go up, so we set it, and that was it.