Deer strike w/pics

Team Ford

Dec 16, 2005
So I'm coming back from dropping off some games to a friend that lives out in the country doing the speed limit 45mph as I just went by a state trooper theres an oncoming suv so my vision is ahead and to my shoulder so his lights dont blind me when my peripheral catches fast movement coming from the drivers door so i look quick and see the deer hit right where the GT emblem is and his shoulder takes my mirror off as his face bounces off the windshield which spins his body and puts a nice dent in the door and takes the sidescoop off with his foot and dents the rear quarter before turning around and running back into the woods.

damnit!

Attachments

• 11-06-08_1908.jpg
    11-06-08_1908.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 11-06-08_1909.jpg
    11-06-08_1909.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Sponsors (?)

Definately sucks. Same thing happened to me in the spring. Ran out from the woods and slammed into my front fender and ended up running off as well. Tough buggers. I was able to get it 98% fixed with dentless repair and also bought a fender to fix if I'm not ultimately happy with the 98%er job. Hope your not too shaken and hope you get it fixed up to your satisfaction. If you go through insurance, make sure you don't clean it up too much. My insurance person looked for visible evidence that it was a deer (deer hair found on car) and it went through comprehension because of it being an animal that caused the accident. Good luck with the fix.

you are ok , and that what counts , metal can be fixed and it would have been worse if you weren't lucky , just remember that.

and sorry about the mustang.

wow bad week for deer! my buddy hit one yesturday on his harley, luckily he was wearing a helmet and leathers cause he flew, still needed stitches tho, that sucks tho, id be pissed if i was you, id pick up deer hunting as a hobby now

The sick thing is, I once worked with a guy who aimed for the critters with his redneck lifted Z71! He would litteraly shout out the window "SOOOUUIIIIII". He is from Arkansas, Needless to say we didn't hang out much.

wow bad week for deer! my buddy hit one yesturday on his harley, luckily he was wearing a helmet and leathers cause he flew, still needed stitches tho, that sucks tho, id be pissed if i was you, id pick up deer hunting as a hobby now

I'd say your buddy was lucky. A female classmate of my wife wasn't so lucky. She was riding her Harley one night when she hit what investigators thought was a deer. She wasn't wearing a helmet and died on the road. She was found sometime after the accident. They found her bike with what appeared to be fur from a deer. Thank god your buddy was wearing a helmet. I always wore one when I owned my bike. Glad you wern't hurt TF. Pearl02.

Sorry about what happened with your car and the stupid deer. I know how you feel and just want to kill the deer. I was in a accident with a deer on my motorcycle two years ago. The deer ran out and nothing I could do and the next thing I know I was on the ground and the deer got up and ran off and man was I pissed I wish the deer would have been dead. Denfinately check craigslist for parts. Or check a Ford salvage yard. I hope you get your mustang as good as new.