Degreeing 2 valve cams

SonicStangGT

Mar 18, 2008
King, North Carolina
I getting ready to put my motor back together and I'am installing 278's and they have to be degreed. I need a piston stop and was talking to comp cams and they dont have one for the 4.6, wondering if anyone knew where to get one. Also need some way to attach the degree wheel to crank. Comp told me that I need a cam socket and they told me the part #, but its for a sb chevy. Just curious about what others have done. I have also seen that you need a solid lifter, but comp told me that I didnt need it on the 4.6. I have everything else to do it, just need to figure out these last little things, any help will be great. Thanks :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

not yet, waiting for that when I build for boost, just putting a set of stock cobra flat top pistons with flycuts to raise the compression for now and when I get ready to go turbo, I'am going to buy a stroked MMR 950 sb. I hope this will be enough power till then.

Yeah thanks, I heard it run for a little bit when I installed them, thats when I found out about the problems with these cams in a stock bottom end. Every intake valve hit the pistons. But that was with shorties, just bought LT's, so it should sound even better. The **** machine shop got my pistons and heads 7 weeks ago and I was supposed to get everything back last friday, but they said they needed another week, so I'll will find out tomorrow.