Detroit Area Mustang guys

• Sponsors (?)

I headed up Van Born to get some fuel last night and the car wouldn't start. :(

It was cranking slower than it ever has, and it wasn't enough... it would get slower and slower until the starter would stop spinning alltogether. I was able to push-start the car and get it home when I checked the voltage across the battery.... 11.6v. I guess this wasn't enough?

So... there's my story. No McD's for my last night.

Now I have the figure what the hell went wrong.

GT JAY said:
If you (or anyone needs) a motor, a guy I work with has a 351 out of an 89 F-150 that he wants toi get rid of. It's got 1,000,000 plus miles on it, but it ran when he took it out of the truck. I think he wants 300 for it. He's in Richmond, but we both work in Sterling Hgts.

I think im just going to stick with this and rebuild it. That way i KNOW that it is good to go.

Have you talked with Dale lately? I have been meaning to call him but i have been so busy with school since it started back up. I need to get a hold of him.

And does anyone know a guy with a 5-speed 94-95 that would be willing to plug in my eec to see if its good or not? Just trying to eliminate suspects.

NMC I'm kinda local and have a 94/95 GT 5 speed. I'm always willing to help out a fellow stanger. I'm gonna be coming back from Gingerman raceway on thursday, so i'll be right by AA by 94. I've never pulled the ECU out, how involved is it? Its in the interior under the glove box right?

Joe 5.0 said:
NMC I'm kinda local and have a 94/95 GT 5 speed. I'm always willing to help out a fellow stanger. I'm gonna be coming back from Gingerman raceway on thursday, so i'll be right by AA by 94. I've never pulled the ECU out, how involved is it? Its in the interior under the glove box right?

Thanks man but i found a guy who had a 95 that we used. It started right up with my eec plugged in so its something else wrong.

Thanks again though:nice:

I'm building up a new motor right now. Going to run a supercharged 306 with twisted wedge heads.

I just brought the stang out tonight for one of the last few cruises, seeing as we have snow tomorrow.... I still need to put some gas + stabil in the tank

Congrats on the new stang.:nice: My baby is sleeping in her garage for now. I have plenty of goodies to install on her for the spring though.

Yeah, it's been very quiet around here. This used to be the most active Midwest Thread. Now there's 500 Arkansas threads.

Mossberg said:
Congrats on the new stang.:nice: My baby is sleeping in her garage for now. I have plenty of goodies to install on her for the spring though.

Yeah, it's been very quiet around here. This used to be the most active Midwest Thread. Now there's 500 Arkansas threads.

Thanks, Glad Someone is still alive over here :)
Here is a quick pick at the dealer :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 56