Detroit Area Mustang guys

SWYZ721 said:
You guys meet at the MCd's now?

Whenever I went, everybody met by Randazzo's and the donut/coffee place a little farther down, the parking lot by Rally's and Wendy's

People don't meet there any more?

Seems to me the donut place is closed now, I haven't seen people by Randazzo's in a season. :shrug:

50's is cool but they can run out of space pretty quick, plus the cops will hide behind the bank for those who like to take off quick... :nono:

• Sponsors (?)

Dale Royster said:
I was up there last night , I get bored at 50s mcdonalds in about 10 minutes. To many ricers up there being jackasses these days. There were a bunch of nice cars for a while early.

I'm sure I could get a few of us East Siders to head out to Telegraph one of these weekends. Let us know when and where.

Get anything done to the car yet Dale?

Ricers are everywhere! :bang: They just don't know how to act mature enough to hang out with the big boys. :nonono:

Leeroy697 said:
DAMN PISTONS!!!!!!!!

Mossberg said:
Here they go again playing like girl scouts. This is the Wings all over again. The best record, but can't even fight for a title.:nonono::bang:

:owned: :notnice:

Go Tigers! :D :rlaugh:

Dale Royster said:
Nothing yet, still waiting for some of the parts. The differential is in, but Im waiting for the axles.

Almost ready to go 11s. :nice:

Had to stop in the dealer yesterday to gat a trim piece for the car and saw a Torch Red 04 Mach 5spd sitting on the used car lot. I started to look it over and the salesman came out with the keys in his hand, but I didn't even bother to take it for a test ride after I asked what the mileage is. 36,9?? and they want $19,995 for it. :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :D

He told me he's supposed to be getting in a Azure Blue 5spd in soon with 18k on it? :shrug: I gave him my cell phone number so he could let me know when it showed up, but I doubt I'll do anything. I owe 15 on mine and I doubt they'd give me that much for trade in. :shrug:

I told him that I would most definately have to swap the rear axle out of mine or I wasn't doing a thing though and he said no problemo. I told him that I'd take it to my buddys shop and have it done in less than an hour. Plus I'd be taking everything that I changed off the car -the lightbar, and of course the black letters on the rear bumper and window tint. :D

I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see what happens. :) If they give me a good trade in on mine, I just might. :shrug:

GT JAY said:
Almost ready to go 11s. :nice:

Had to stop in the dealer yesterday to gat a trim piece for the car and saw a Torch Red 04 Mach 5spd sitting on the used car lot. I started to look it over and the salesman came out with the keys in his hand, but I didn't even bother to take it for a test ride after I asked what the mileage is. 36,9?? and they want $19,995 for it. :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :D

He told me he's supposed to be getting in a Azure Blue 5spd in soon with 18k on it? :shrug: I gave him my cell phone number so he could let me know when it showed up, but I doubt I'll do anything. I owe 15 on mine and I doubt they'd give me that much for trade in. :shrug:

I told him that I would most definately have to swap the rear axle out of mine or I wasn't doing a thing though and he said no problemo. I told him that I'd take it to my buddys shop and have it done in less than an hour. Plus I'd be taking everything that I changed off the car -the lightbar, and of course the black letters on the rear bumper and window tint. :D

I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see what happens. :) If they give me a good trade in on mine, I just might. :shrug:

A mach would be cool but you'd miss the convert... besides, its much easier to yell at the hoes at the dream cruise with the top down!:nice:

on a side note, This sunday at Ford WHQ is the 31st annual Shelby American Auto Clubs Show N Go. Its a great show, I just joined the club last night and Ill have my car in it! (Unless something goes terribly wrong while Im getting my axles put in). At the meeting they mentioned that Steeda will have a big set up there, several GTs will be there, and alot of other stuff.. Might even see an original cobra or two there. Its alot of fun for 2 bucks, and its like 15 if you want to be in the show. The gates open at 8am I think it is, but you want to get there around 730ish to put your car in..

Dale Royster said:
A mach would be cool but you'd miss the convert... besides, its much easier to yell at the hoes at the dream cruise with the top down!:nice:

on a side note, This sunday at Ford WHQ is the 31st annual Shelby American Auto Clubs Show N Go. Its a great show, I just joined the club last night and Ill have my car in it! (Unless something goes terribly wrong while Im getting my axles put in). At the meeting they mentioned that Steeda will have a big set up there, several GTs will be there, and alot of other stuff.. Might even see an original cobra or two there. Its alot of fun for 2 bucks, and its like 15 if you want to be in the show. The gates open at 8am I think it is, but you want to get there around 730ish to put your car in..
I went to the one two years ago. It was pretty cool. They had a pretty big turnout.

Dale Royster said:

Well, when I origionally bought the GT it was for my wife (who had to have a convertible, not a Mach1 :fuss: ), but she didn't know how to drive a stick and hardly ever drove it so I took it over. Now, she hardly ever drives it, and quite honestly I'm not big on the convertible.:shrug: I hardly ever put the top down. It's o.k., but I'd rather have the Mach1. Suprisingly I had a talk with the BOSS last night and she gave me the o.k. to trade TRIPLE WHITE for a Mach1 :banana: I've got A LOT of stuff to swap back on to put the car back to origional which means I'll be sellling a lot of stuff. All except for the rear end. That'll be going into the Mach. :D

Dale Royster said:

:worthlesb You did bring take a camera with you didn't you Dale? I would have went, but I had a birthday party to go to yesterday. :bang:

BTW GO TIGERS! Way To Go Wings and Pistons! :owned: :notnice: :nonono: I told you the Pistons Wouldn't win in Miami Matt!

Dale Royster said:
I didnt go to the show afterall, my car is messed up so I worked on it all night. I think I got a bad axle because the caliper bracket is rubbing on the rotor now.

That sucks, but do ya think it might have something to do with launching with M/T Et Streets on the rev limiter 100+ times with the stock axle? :shrug:

:D :lol: :rlaugh:

Mossberg said:
:( :damnit: :dead:

I must now go home and change my avatar.:nonono:

:lol:

Mossberg said:
BTW, talk her into a Kewbra.:D

:rlaugh: Yeah Right, plus, I'd rather have a Mach. :shrug:

Not to mention IRS=:notnice:

Dale does this car look firmiliar? :hail2: :nice:

mingolelli1.jpg

Attachments

• mingolelli1.jpg
    mingolelli1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 60
Looking for help to get my car running right.

Is there anyone out there in the Metro Detroit Michigan area that is willing to help me out? I have racked my brain with trying to get this car to idle. I've tried every way to adjust my idle that I've read on the internet. It will be perfect for a while and then bam 1100 rpm in park/ neutral and 900 in gear. Then back to normal a few min. later, then high 10min after that. Next, aside from the idle. The car runs crappy. My buddies bone stock Trail Blazer SS beats me by about 5-7 cars in the quarter mile (On the street) I have regular radial tires and I have a tough time spinning them from a stop. I have a Tweecer (base model) and I could use a hand dialing in the car. I have no idea of what I'm doing with the tweecer, I'm mechanically inclined. I can take apart or put together anything but when it comes to software / tuning, I need to physically see it being done in order to understand it.
Anyhow, in a nut shell I'm looking for some help. Depending on the level of help you can provide, I can compensate. Everything from soda, food, friendship, use of my tools, to me paying you cash for positive work.
I'm looking more for this to be a learning experience for myself. I'm located in Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48125. Email me if you can help.
Josh
[email protected]
Here is my combo:
1995 Mustang GT 308, AODE, Edelbrock peformer 5.0 heads (10+:1 compression), Tubular GT40 intake, BBK70mm tb, crappy bbk CAI, 24 lb injectors, 75mm Pro-M maf, Steeda #19 cam, BBK equal length headers, BBK O/R h pipe, Crane HI6s ignition, Fluidyne rad, rear has 3.73 gears, plus more not engine related.

OT:

It's official guys. I'll be relocating to Atlanta shortly (Hey, it's better than Cleveland):D. I'll have to try to make it to Dream Cruise to link up with you guys. We'll see how it goes, as my vacation time is getting short due to my trip to Vegas next week. I'll still troll here though.:nice:

Good luck, I've been at the same company for almost 7 years. We are a very secure company BUT we have had people leave to go to Atlanta and North Carolina to start fresh. Seems like those areas are growing.
Josh
Mossberg said:
OT:

It's official guys. I'll be relocating to Atlanta shortly (Hey, it's better than Cleveland):D. I'll have to try to make it to Dream Cruise to link up with you guys. We'll see how it goes, as my vacation time is getting short due to my trip to Vegas next week. I'll still troll here though.:nice:

braxx said:
Is there anyone out there in the Metro Detroit Michigan area that is willing to help me out? I have racked my brain with trying to get this car to idle. I've tried every way to adjust my idle that I've read on the internet. It will be perfect for a while and then bam 1100 rpm in park/ neutral and 900 in gear. Then back to normal a few min. later, then high 10min after that. Next, aside from the idle. The car runs crappy. My buddies bone stock Trail Blazer SS beats me by about 5-7 cars in the quarter mile (On the street) I have regular radial tires and I have a tough time spinning them from a stop. I have a Tweecer (base model) and I could use a hand dialing in the car. I have no idea of what I'm doing with the tweecer, I'm mechanically inclined. I can take apart or put together anything but when it comes to software / tuning, I need to physically see it being done in order to understand it.
Anyhow, in a nut shell I'm looking for some help. Depending on the level of help you can provide, I can compensate. Everything from soda, food, friendship, use of my tools, to me paying you cash for positive work.
I'm looking more for this to be a learning experience for myself. I'm located in Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48125. Email me if you can help.
Josh
[email protected]
Here is my combo:
1995 Mustang GT 308, AODE, Edelbrock peformer 5.0 heads (10+:1 compression), Tubular GT40 intake, BBK70mm tb, crappy bbk CAI, 24 lb injectors, 75mm Pro-M maf, Steeda #19 cam, BBK equal length headers, BBK O/R h pipe, Crane HI6s ignition, Fluidyne rad, rear has 3.73 gears, plus more not engine related.

It kind of sounds to me like it might be EGR? My van does almost the exact same thing with and its a 302 as well. You might be well served to take it to autozone and have them plug there scan tool on it. They will do that for free and it with the sound of your problem its probably showing a code.